The downside of onelist.com

  • pccare@xxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 1998
      Addressed to: Distribution list (see below)

      Folks,

      Here is the downside of the new list server we are using onelist.com
      Advertising.

      To quote from their own offical information

      "ONElist provides an excellent opportunity to deliver your message to a
      targeted audience. We offer traditional web banner advertisements as
      well as advertisements in our mailing lists. With each email sent to
      mailing list subscribers, a text ad is included at the bottom of the
      message. You can target your ad by selecting a category, subcategory or
      a specific list in which to run your ad."

      Patrick West <pccare@...>, using OS/2 Warp
      PGP Key fingerprint = F9 95 AE C6 06 B3 E5 16 DE 51 21 A4 C9 DF DF 8D
      Key available from pgp-public-keys@...

      Distribution list: os2pdx@onelist.com
      os2wp@onelist.com
      os2db@onelist.com
      InCharge@onelist.com
      act-pda@onelist.com
    • Michael DeBusk
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 1998
        pccare@... wrote:

        > Advertising.

        Yeah... not that I posted here anyway. I just lurked... but I'll be
        unsubscribing now. I don't need any more ads.

        Great list, though.

        --
        Michael DeBusk, RH � debu4335@... � Team OS/2
        Host of the ILink Psychology and OS_Discuss conferences
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 1998
          On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, Michael DeBusk wrote:

          > Yeah... not that I posted here anyway. I just lurked... but I'll be
          > unsubscribing now. I don't need any more ads.

          > Great list, though.
          Thanks,

          So far the ads are simple 3 liners so hopefully they won't kill the list.

          Patrick West <pccare@...>, using OS/2 Warp 4.0, NTW 4.0, & the
          HP200LX, PGP 2.x Key available from pgp-public-keys@...
          PGP Key fingerprint = F9 95 AE C6 06 B3 E5 16 DE 51 21 A4 C9 DF DF 8D
        • Steven Levine
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 8, 1998
            In <Pine.GSO.4.02A.9811072322300.5147-100000@...>, on
            11/07/98
            at 11:23 PM, Patrick West <pccare@...> said:

            >So far the ads are simple 3 liners so hopefully they won't kill the list.

            That's shorter than many sig's. Just tell 'em you want the ads from the
            OS/2 compatible hardware and software category. That way they'll be on
            topic <g>.

            Steven

            Steven Levine <steve53@...> MR2/ICE #10183
          • Carl Ford
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 8, 1998
              Well, everything has a cost, one way or another! Seems like an
              acceptable trade=off to me, as long as my delete button works.
            • Ingo Lembcke
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 9, 1998
                Hello,

                > Addressed to: Distribution list (see below)

                > Here is the downside of the new list server we are using onelist.com
                > Advertising.

                I'm sorry, but I cannot take ANY MORE advertising. I'm willing to pay up to 150 US$ for 12months of ad-free usage. Please find another distrubutor. I am willing to give my creditcard-info to a secure WWW or FAX-Number.

                Ciao,
                Ingo "Lemmon" Lembcke
                ---
                ...Halloween.
                Statler: "Let's go as ourselves this year." # Hamburg Germany, I've just been saved from a WorldWar2 Bomb
                Waldorf:"Yeah! That'll scare 'em." # Glad my little flat still stands
                (http://www.muppets.com/swaldorf/swaldorf.htm)
                "If a train station is where the train stops, what is a workstation?"