Re: [Orthognathic Surgery Support ] Re: (UK) Reply to Mira

  • Mira Manga
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 1, 2005
      I have my first consultation on the 28th
      July...knowing the NHS I predict it will be late
      August/September before I get braces.

      --- cozmia <cozmia@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Hi Mira!

      I added you as a friend! :D I love making new friends
      especially ones
      that live in the UK since I am planning to study a
      semester abroad in
      London (once I have my braces off of course). Live
      journal is my
      current addiction.

      When do you get your braces on? Or do you have them
      already? Braces
      are fun. :D According to many guys they're "hot."

      Good luck with everything, and for now, I will be
      reading your journal. :D

      -Norma

      --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com,
      Mira Manga
      <MiraManga@b...> wrote:
      > Hi Norma,
      >
      > I checked out yr photos and your LJ (I added you as
      > friend I hope this is OK!) - so your op is on the
      13th
      > July? Ooo soon!
      >
      > After years of knowing eventually I would have to
      > undergo surgery, this year seems to be the year. My
      > jaw is so way out of whack that if I don't do
      > something about it I worry none of my teeth shall
      ever
      > meet!
      >
      > I wore braces for 2 years when I was 13 and now
      looks
      > like I shall be wearing them again and I'm 28!
      Fingers
      > crossed they won't want me to wear a head brace in
      the
      > daytime...All shall be revealed on 28th July!
      >
      > Mira xxx
      > --- cozmia <cozmia@y...> wrote:
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Hi Mira,
      >
      > I have a live journal as well! :) Username:
      > cookiemoon. I think you
      > look great in your pictures. :D I hate anonymous
      > posters, that's why
      > I always screen them...haha, maybe that's just for
      my
      2
      > weeks. I'm
      > starting to get nervous.
      >
      > Norma
      >
      > (photos under Cozmia)
      >
      > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com,
      > "Sara"
      > <sararegine@a...> wrote:
      > > Mira,
      > >
      > > I think you look fab and frankly any one who posts
      > comment on any
      > > site as Anonymous can sod off as far as I'm
      > concerned. Have the
      > > courage to reveal yourself, especially if you're
      > going to be
      > > offensive for pete's sake. You have a warm
      beautiful
      > smile and you
      > > should not be embarassed to show it, pre-braces,
      > during braces and of
      > > course post-op!
      > >
      > > Sara
      > >
      > > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com,
      > Mira Manga
      > > <MiraManga@b...> wrote:
      > > > Hi all,
      > > >
      > > > Last night I put a picture up of me in my
      > Livejournal
      > > > with a friend, and someone commented "Yeah, he's
      > very
      > > > cute! Miramanga has a weird mouth though."
      > > >
      > > > :(
      > > >
      > > > I'm used to comments like this from thoughtless
      or
      > > > mean people, just makes me more determined to go
      > > > through the operation. The thing is, I don't
      even

      [http://www.livejournal.com/users/miramanga/123864.html%5d

      > > > Oh well, roll on 28th July and my first Oral &
      > Maxillo
      > > > Facial appointment
      > > >
      > > > Mira xxx

      to:

      Yahoo!
      > Terms of Service.
      >

      > ---------------------------------

      Article health wellness
      Center for health and wellness
      Health and wellness
      Health and
      wellness program
      Health wellness product
      Health and wellness job

      Terms of Service.

      ---------------------------------
    • Joanna Skinner
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 2, 2005
        I came over here to do a Masters degree - I'm just finishing up my
        thesis and looking for work here or in NYC now...

        btw, I was thinking about your situation with the braces again that
        I mentioned in my other post to you...try looking for a teaching
        hospital - when I came here I met with a regular orthodontist who
        basically told me exactly the same as my NHS doctor (ie. 18 months
        in standard braces, then surgery, then another 6 months braces). I
        then went to a university teaching hospital and they gave an
        estimate of 1 year for the WHOLE process. I've had my braces on
        since April and am having the op in september! I won't have my
        braces on for longer than a year total. I find the teaching
        hospitals to be much more willing to use newer technology and are
        not stuck in the "well this is the way I've always done it" rut...

        Jo