Re: New look!

  • Nadine Ramsay
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hey Dwilzen
      You know....I have also been stressing a bit all week from reading
      this new info re a longer, thinner face and smaller nose from lower
      advancement. I am only having lower advancement and already have
      (what i see), a long narrow face with a very narrow and small nose.
      I like it just the way it is.
      I went home and was stressing to my boyfriend about not wanting my
      face longer etc. He pointed out that i am making this assessment of
      my long face etc from photos of myself - as I was using some photos
      from a party 2 weeks ago, to show him how long my face already is
      etc. He said that he has noticed that whenever a camera comes
      anywhere near me or I have to pose for a pic, I ALWAYS push my lower
      jaw forward (which drops my jaw making my face appear longer etc),
      and that I probably don't even notice that i do it as I have always
      done it! He said that when i am not doing this, my face does not
      look as narrow and long as in the pictures, and if I like how my
      face comes out in photos, I should not expect too much shock after
      surgery. It makes sense to me...... my surgeon has reassured me
      that i will look 100% aesthetically better, and so i am going to
      chill out now and trust his word... It is very hard to REALLY see
      and KNOW what you look like from just looking in the mirror - often
      photos show how you really look more accurately.
      Nadine

      --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "DWILZEN"
      <dwilzen@y...> wrote:
      > Ever since Zulu mentioned the long face, whenever I move my lower
      jaw
      > forward on my own I keep thinking my face looks longer. I wonder
      if
      > this is infact true or just an illusion. What a terrible thing it
      > would be to not be satisfied with the result when mainly doing it
      for
      > cosmetic reasons. I am thinking about stopping the whole thing and
      > just living with the result I have now. I wonder if anyone has
      ever
      > done that.?
    • zulu1967
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2004
        Nadine,

        i also push my jaw forward when i had pics taken before the surgery
        ( i guess we all did it to improve our appearance)... even then my
        face didnt look long and thin...after the surgery it did...

        my ortho and surgeon said i would look a lot better after the
        surgery too... yes, my profile improved, but the rest was not as
        good...

        good luck on your surgery!

        --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "Nadine Ramsay"

      • ceast36532
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2004
          I don't know if it will help you any, but my photos show the before
          ortho and after ortho and surgery (lower adv. 5 mm, 3 mm to the
          right). Folks who know me really well say they can see a difference,
          beyond the straight teeth. i can't. But I can feel it -- and it is
          good!

          Cammie

          <nramsay@i...> wrote:
          > Hey Dwilzen
          > You know....I have also been stressing a bit all week from reading
          > this new info re a longer, thinner face and smaller nose from lower
          > advancement. I am only having lower advancement and already have
          > (what i see), a long narrow face with a very narrow and small
          nose.
          > I like it just the way it is.
          > I went home and was stressing to my boyfriend about not wanting my
          > face longer etc. He pointed out that i am making this assessment
          of
          > my long face etc from photos of myself - as I was using some photos
          > from a party 2 weeks ago, to show him how long my face already is
          > etc. He said that he has noticed that whenever a camera comes
          > anywhere near me or I have to pose for a pic, I ALWAYS push my
          lower
          > jaw forward (which drops my jaw making my face appear longer etc),
          > and that I probably don't even notice that i do it as I have always
          > done it! He said that when i am not doing this, my face does not
          > look as narrow and long as in the pictures, and if I like how my
          > face comes out in photos, I should not expect too much shock after
          > surgery. It makes sense to me...... my surgeon has reassured me
          > that i will look 100% aesthetically better, and so i am going to
          > chill out now and trust his word... It is very hard to REALLY see
          > and KNOW what you look like from just looking in the mirror - often
          > photos show how you really look more accurately.
          > Nadine

        • Nadeen Nadeen
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 10, 2004
            HEY NADINE
            i JUST READ UR EMAIL TODAY BELIEVE IT OR NOT
            I THINK I MIGHT HAVE TO DO LOWER ADVANCEMENT BUT IM
            NOT SURE YET. IM STILL TRYING TO RESEARCH MY OPTIONS
            AND ALL. CAN YOU EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW EXACTLY WHAT
            PROCEDURES YOU ARE GETTING DONE AND WHEN... AND ANY
            OTHER INFO THAT MIGHT HELP
            THANKS
            NADEEN

            Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.