Re: photos - 3 weeks post-op

  • albertiway
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2004
      Marsha!!! IT is always good to put a face to a name and posts! You
      look fabulous! what a change from your underbite to the new correct
      bite. I have to get my patootie going and get some pictures on. I
      swear, we could all challenge each other for the "glamor girl" pic
      first few days post op. it's almost as if when i look at people's pix
      i say to myself, oh, he or she had a shower! hee hee hee.

      I had my best girlfriend from birth visit me this weekend and she
      says i look so different. she can't get used to me with a chin! i
      too can't wait for the last of the swelling to go down and see what i
      REALLY will look like. Thanks for posting the pix. Katie

      --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "Marsha
      Villasenor" <marshv@y...> wrote:
      > I've uploaded some pre and post-op photos click on the following
      link
      > to view them, click on slideshow if you want to see the captions.
      if
      > the link does not work copy and paste it.
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/6r276
      >
      > My swelling has been about the same for the past 10 days. Sometimes
      > think it will never go away!
      >
      > Marsha
    • ceast36532
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2004
        Try Coastal Alabama -- 100 degrees hot. 100 percent humid. Lotta
        frizz. Your curls look relaxed by comparison.

        I do think there's something in the eyes that happens post op. It
        looks like, but doesn't necessarily mean, pain... And it's so nice
        and pleasant when that goes away. Congratulations!

        Ummm... I've seen some bald women around here. And some, but not all,
        are in the process of treatment for cancer. I suspect it's
        comfortable, but requires more than a little sunscreen. All in all,
        I'll do it if I ever must, but I'd prefer not, on the whole.

        Cammie

        Villasenor" <marshv@y...> wrote:
        > Yes I am very pleased. I just can't wait for the swelling to go
        down
        > a little more!
        >
        > I took some of the more pathetic looking pictures out some of them
        > were just plain distressing!!
        >
        > At the moment (late July in pittsburgh land of the 3 rivers)I would
        > gladly shave my head to get rid of some of this rizz!
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Marsha
        >

        > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, ceast36532
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > Wow! What a change for you.
        > > Isn't it strange how vulnerable we all look immediately post-op?
        > > did, and so has everybody else I've seen. But the look of an imp
        > was
        > > back in your eyes by day five -- and good for you!
        > >
        > > Are you pleased? I think you should be... Congratulations. And
        yes,
        > > the swelling will go away. I sure envy you that mass of gorgeous,
        > > curly hair!
        > >
        > > Cammie
        > >
        > > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "Marsha
        > > Villasenor" <marshv@y...> wrote:
        > > > I've uploaded some pre and post-op photos click on the
        following
        > > link
        > > > to view them, click on slideshow if you want to see the
        captions.
        > > if
        > > > the link does not work copy and paste it.
        > > >
        > > > http://tinyurl.com/6r276
        > > >
        > > > My swelling has been about the same for the past 10 days.
        > Sometimes
        > > > think it will never go away!
        > > >
        > > > Marsha
      • ceast36532
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2004
          Hmpf!

          The one thing I resent about my otherwise totally sweet ortho is that
          he has a "Wall of Fame" in his office. Lots of 16-year-old gorgeous
          babes and guys, but not one single old, fat broad with improved
          smile...

          Hmpf!

          Old, fat, greying Cammie

          --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "albertiway"
          <albertiway@y...> wrote:
          > Marsha!!! IT is always good to put a face to a name and posts! You
          > look fabulous! what a change from your underbite to the new
          correct
          > bite. I have to get my patootie going and get some pictures on. I
          > swear, we could all challenge each other for the "glamor girl" pic
          > first few days post op. it's almost as if when i look at people's
          pix
          > i say to myself, oh, he or she had a shower! hee hee hee.
          >
          > I had my best girlfriend from birth visit me this weekend and she
          > says i look so different. she can't get used to me with a chin! i
          > too can't wait for the last of the swelling to go down and see what
          > REALLY will look like. Thanks for posting the pix. Katie

        • hmakosky
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2004
            Hi--

            Your pictures look great! Wow, what a change. I had my lower jaw
            set back on July 15th so I look at your pictures to give me an idea
            of how things will be in one week.

            My husband has taken a bunch of pictures that we will put up soon.
            It's funny, I look back at me just 1,2, or 3 days post op and then
            now and even though I now have TONS of rubber bands in my mouth, my
            swelling and bruising have gone down tremendously.

            I am still on a liquid diet, which I think I will be on for the
            entire 6 weeks, but I have a better attitude now. I have found some
            variety or at least I have found a feeding schedule that works for me
            to ensure that I get enough food so I don't feel nauseated all the
            time. I still have some days where I am depressed, but they seem to
            be further and further apart.

            Today is my first day back at work full-time. I am happy to be back.

            I have weekly appointments with my OS so he can check the bands. I
            hope he doesn't add any more (how can he, I already have about 20-25
            in my mouth!!!). Maybe he'll just replace some as my bite settles,
            or maybe, just maybe, he'll remove a few (but I won't get my hopes
            up. I actually feel my bite settling, sometimes I notice that all my
            teeth are meeting. It's strange to actually have my top teeth
            outside of my lowers.

            Well, I should get back to work.

            Helen

            Villasenor" <marshv@y...> wrote:
            > I've uploaded some pre and post-op photos click on the following
            link
            > to view them, click on slideshow if you want to see the captions.
            if
            > the link does not work copy and paste it.
            >
            > http://tinyurl.com/6r276
            >
            > My swelling has been about the same for the past 10 days. Sometimes
            > think it will never go away!
            >
            > Marsha
          • Marsha Villasenor
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2004
              Hi Helen,

              Today is my first day back as well. How's it going for you? It is
              lunch time and I am exhausted, I've gone back to a semi liquid diet
              just for practicality and cleanliness sake. Boost/juice for breakfast
              and soup for lunch, I'll eat real food tonight. It is just easier
              than preparing something here or at home and bringing it, that will
              take me an hour to eat and then have to clean up.

              I am ready for a nap and I have taken it easy this morning. I have
              had a lot of problem with fatigue even though I am taking vitamins.
              Hopefully I will be tired enough to sleep through the night tonight.
              I think that is part of my problem.

              Good luck with the rest of your first day back and getting your bands
              off. I'm off to brush my teeth and wipe the soup off of my keyboard!!

              Marsha

              --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "hmakosky"

            • jfloweroflifet
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2004
                I can't seem to get that link up, nor cut and paste it to work?

                am I doing something wrong??

                Villasenor" <marshv@y...> wrote:
                > I've uploaded some pre and post-op photos click on the following
                link
                > to view them, click on slideshow if you want to see the captions.
                if
                > the link does not work copy and paste it.
                >
                > http://tinyurl.com/6r276
                >
                > My swelling has been about the same for the past 10 days. Sometimes
                > think it will never go away!
                >
                > Marsha
              • Marsha Villasenor
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 2, 2004
                  Its a short url, try typing it in. If not let me know and I will try
                  to e-mail you another link.

                  Marsha

                  --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "jfloweroflifet"