Re: Randy

  • shavis121
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hi Georgia,

      Good to see you are still posting. This is a great site.

      Yes, I agree with you and wish I had been more educated about my chin
      work more before having it done. I didn't realize how much it would
      change my appearance.

      Hey, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope your braces come
      off by years end.

      Take care Georgia!

      Randy

      --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@y..., ga_1962 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > So nice to see you on the board. I was just thinking about you
      the
      > other day. Glad to see that overall you are doing great. Sorry to
      > hear about your chin. I think if I had it to do over with I would
      > have discussed more with the doc about my jaw rotation. I have a
      > higher jawline in the back. I'm adjusting to it. It's not bad, I
      > just think I would have liked to have thought about it more. I'm
      > used to more of a chin too & they rotated it to make sure I didn't
      > get too much of a chin. Like I said, it's not bad, I just wish I
      > understood to begin with how it would change my appearance.
      >
      > Again, it's so great to see you on the board. Wow, braces
      already
      > off for a month now. I'm waiting to see if mine come off at the
      end
      > of the year.
      >
      > Georgia
    • ga_1962
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 1, 2002
        Randy:
        I know you don't want to have more surgery but... you can always
        consider an implant to enhance the chin. They now do all sorts of
        non-bone implants. They can add a little or a lot. My surgeon threw
        that out there to me for future consideration for my jaw line. He
        said he understood what I felt was lacking & that would be the best
        solution for it if I wanted it. He could refer me to someone who did
        that sort of thing. I think I'm gonna wait it out. No one else
        notices it & I can't afford it anyway.

        Nice hearing from you,
        Georgia

        --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@y..., shavis121 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Georgia,
        >
        > Good to see you are still posting. This is a great site.
        >
        > Yes, I agree with you and wish I had been more educated about my
        chin
        > work more before having it done. I didn't realize how much it
        would
        > change my appearance.
        >
        > Hey, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope your braces come
        > off by years end.
        >
        > Take care Georgia!
        >
        > Randy
        >
        > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@y..., ga_1962 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > > So nice to see you on the board. I was just thinking about you
        > the
        > > other day. Glad to see that overall you are doing great. Sorry
        > > hear about your chin. I think if I had it to do over with I
        would
        > > have discussed more with the doc about my jaw rotation. I have a
        > > higher jawline in the back. I'm adjusting to it. It's not bad,
        > > just think I would have liked to have thought about it more. I'm
        > > used to more of a chin too & they rotated it to make sure I
        didn't
        > > get too much of a chin. Like I said, it's not bad, I just wish I
        > > understood to begin with how it would change my appearance.
        > >
        > > Again, it's so great to see you on the board. Wow, braces
        > already
        > > off for a month now. I'm waiting to see if mine come off at the
        > end
        > > of the year.
        > >
        > > Georgia
      • shavis121
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 1, 2002
          Hi Georgia,

          Thanks for the information.

          It's really not that bad. I realize it's time for me to be happy and
          move on.

          Have a great day!

        • ga_1962
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 1, 2002
            Randy:
            I'm glad you're moving on with it. You really are a good looking
            guy & I see nothing wrong with the new chin.

            wrote:
            > Hi Georgia,
            >
            > Thanks for the information.
            >
            > It's really not that bad. I realize it's time for me to be happy
            and
            > move on.
            >
            > Have a great day!
            >
            > Randy
            >
            > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@y..., ga_1962 <no_reply@y...>
            wrote:
            > > Randy:
            > > I know you don't want to have more surgery but... you can
            always
            > > consider an implant to enhance the chin. They now do all sorts
            of
            > > non-bone implants. They can add a little or a lot. My surgeon
            > threw
            > > that out there to me for future consideration for my jaw line.
            He
            > > said he understood what I felt was lacking & that would be the
            best
            > > solution for it if I wanted it. He could refer me to someone who
            > did
            > > that sort of thing. I think I'm gonna wait it out. No one else
            > > notices it & I can't afford it anyway.
            > >
            > > Nice hearing from you,
            > > Georgia
            > >
            > > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@y..., shavis121 <no_reply@y...>
            > > wrote:
            > > > Hi Georgia,
            > > >
            > > > Good to see you are still posting. This is a great site.
            > > >
            > > > Yes, I agree with you and wish I had been more educated about
            my
            > > chin
            > > > work more before having it done. I didn't realize how much it
            > > would
            > > > change my appearance.
            > > >
            > > > Hey, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope your braces
            > come
            > > > off by years end.
            > > >
            > > > Take care Georgia!
            > > >
            > > > Randy
            > > >
            > > > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@y..., ga_1962 <no_reply@y...>
            > you
            > > > the
            > Sorry
            > > would
            > bad,
            > I'm
            > > didn't

            > > > already
            > the
            > > > end

          • Werner, Wendy R./Pediatrics
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 21, 2004
              My daughter said the same thing. However she did throw up. Since there
              is nothing much in your stomach, u throw up liquids and usually u r
              still in recovery. The nurses tell you to lean forward and the liquid
              just comes out. You will also have a catheter which will come out after
              surgery. Will probably have some burning first time u urinate.

              Wendy