Re: Week 4 - Post Op

  • csjonesy
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 3:48 AM
      Hi Ken...

      Yep - you are not alone. I am 8 weeks post op and finally have some
      relief. Not to scare you though. The "pins and needles" feeling
      started to subside and at least be tollerable at six weeks. I still
      have very numb spots, but am told that could take up to a year for
      the feeling to come back, and then I might not get all of it back. I
      feel for you and am glad I am past the intense pins and needles
      feeling. That feeling pretty much wiped me out. Hang in there, it
      does get better!!!

      Connie
    • mla72653
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3 5:36 PM
        Ken, I'm 4 weeks post-op upper/genio and the pins and needles are
        terrible! I was in Wal-Mart the other day and my husband reached over
        to wipe something off my mouth (imagine that!) I let out a yell when
        he touched my lips. It really shocks your system! I hear it's a good
        thing to feel these sensations, but I agree that it is not fun!Marsha-
        - In orthognathicsurgerysupport@y..., "arktikwulf" <Seawulf2000@h...>