Re: Considering double jaw surgery

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 13, 2012
      I am not a professional singer, but I do think I sing well. The surgery improved my voice as my airway was much smaller. My surgery was specifically for sleep apnea and moved my jaws forward 1cm. I agree with one other poster that nerve issues also did slightly affect my enunciation for maybe about a year, where it seemed I talked with a slight lisp, but that returned to normal as the nerves healed. I also am STILL not able to whistle like I used to after 3 years. Its improving, but I used to be able to perfectly whistle in tune to songs like Patience by Guns and Roses (I know, child of the 80s) when it comes on to the radio and it pisses me off to no end that I can't. I'll take it though as curing sleep apnea has been life changing!

      Robert