surgery date!

  • keppers79
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
      I have finally rescheduled my surgery date for December 15th (I was scheduled a year ago, but my surgeon felt I would have a better result if I waited...in which time I've done splint treatment and other therapies to try to get in better health for the surgery). I will be having double jaw surgery for a large open bite. I had one of the final appointments today, and I feel kind of in shock. I've been anticipating this date for so long, and then now it's two weeks away, and I actually feel a little nervous! I feel somewhat unprepared since I didn't allow myself to believe it was coming (in case another postponement happened). But overall, I feel like I'm in a much better place than last year; I feel more ready in many ways than a year ago. And though I don't think myself terribly unattractive, I still look in the mirror today and see my disfigurement (crooked jaws and strange bite) and think I'd sure like to be rid of that as well as the silly splint and not being able to chew anything anymore. It all seems worth it, but I guess the reality of the risks are more before me now that the day is so close! Anyways, I hope no one minds me sharing my excitement and also my slight apprehension...

      KC
    • Heidi Fink
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
        KC, I am so excited for you and I will pray that all goes well for you! Take care! Heidi F.
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2011
          KC,
          OMG, the nervousness and excitement all rolled into one! Boy do I remember that! I too went through splint therapy before double jaw surgery last Dec. 15th. I'm back in a splint to stabilize before we "restore" all of my teeth. Good luck to you! I'm sure you'll do well!
          Prayers!!
          Annette
          Sent from my BlackBerry® on the MetroPCS Network
        • Josh Stabile
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2011
            Im not sure why I am on this email list or how Im getting them. If someone can get them to stop that would be great.

            Josh Stabile
            Cell:(949)370-2982
            Email:autobuyer949@...

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
              Hi Josh,

              I think if you visit the group within yahoo.com, you can get yourself off the e-mails. Go to "edit membership" at the top of the page and then either click "leave group" if you don't want to be a part of it or "web only" if you just want to visit the group within yahoo. I hope you choose "web only" so you can still be a part of the group when you have time and not get every group e-mail in your inbox.

              KC

              --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, Josh Stabile <autobuyer949@...> wrote:

              > Im not sure why I am on this email list or how Im getting them. If someone can get them to stop that would be great.
              >

              > Josh Stabile
              > Cell:(949)370-2982
              > Email:autobuyer949@...

            • ceast36532
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 11, 2011
                Hi.

                I can't do it for you, but you can indeed do it for yourself. As has been advised already, go to "Edit Membership." higher on this page, just after your name, in blue. Click on Edit Membership, and you'll see a bunch of options. click on whatever you want, and that should tend to it for you.

                cammie