Re: Widening of the nose after surgery

  • Mayee Magsaysay-Schmidt
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
      --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "ceast36532" <ceast36532@...> wrote:

      > If you haven't done already, make an appointment with a plastic surgeon who specializes in this area of the face, and ask him or her what he/she thinks appropriate and do-able, and what the fees might be. Better yet, if you can manage it, ask two or three. ... Or, if you are still on good terms with the surgeon who did the work, see him/her, and ask. Or ask for a referral to a physician/surgeon especially suited to this situation.
      >
      > I'm aware of a number of folks who've had good or bad nose results and are or aren't happy. Some have had further surgeries which have given them results they're a lot happier with -- sometimes meeting functional needs, as well. Some have continued to be unhappy, alas.
      > Best, but no guarantees, alas.
      >
      > Cammie
      >
      > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, bmwdpm <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It's been 7 years since my surgery (upper and lower) and I have been trying not to focus on my nose. But there is no question that my nose is wider especially when I smile. Is there anyone that has experienced this and more importantly is there anything I can do about it? Thanks,

      I had my upper surgery last nov 10, 2010 and still recuperating from the surgery. As time go by, i have been noticing obviously that my nose widened. In the future, perhaps il consider a nose job.

      maria
    • el_mcelwain
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
        I have to have surgery on my upper and lower jaws and I asked my surgeon about the widening of my nose and he said that what he does is measures my nose before surgery and then using a stitching technique brings my nose back to its normal width. You may want to find a doctor who does this, not all oral surgeons do this technique, and if you don't mind having surgery again they may be able to fix that.