Re: [Orthognathic Surgery Support ] Update

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 327 , Mar 19, 2010
      Hi Lois,

      I just posted to Cammie on the latest. Debracing is no longer being celebrated at least for now. Amazing what a difference a day makes. One day I am celebrating debracing and only two days later I am dealing with possibly a complication again...ARGHH!!

      It does bring me happiness to hear you are doing so well. Keep up the good work!

      Karen--Caboose

      --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "Lois Turley" <lois@...> wrote:

      > Karen, is good to hear that the seroma is healed now. Also the debracing
      > that is soon to come. It must seem like the end of a very long journey to
      > you! I hope the joint pain will be gone soon also. Does your doc think it
      > will eventually go away completely?
      >

      > As for me, I'm doing well. Breathing is excellent.yeah! Slowly regaining
      > my strength, though not as fast as I'd like. But I am going in the right
      > direction now, and that is a good thing.
      >

      > Great to hear from you!
      >

      > Lois

    • Lois Turley
      Message 327 of 327 , Aug 17, 2011
        A little glimmer of light is so beautiful in the dark, Cammie. That's why I
        love it!

        Maybe you need a coat of armor too? Most importantly, though, and on a
        serious note: Buckle up! On September 10, 1965, when I was 18, there were
        no seatbelts in the car where I was riding as a passenger in the front seat.
        Had I been buckled in, it is doubtful the impact of the highway head-on
        could have thrown me forward enough to sandwich my face between the
        dashboard and the windshield. Even my injuries, though, have not been a
        terrible thing. The surgeon who worked on my face was able to put things
        back together well enough that, although not perfect, they have been
        adequate until the past few years, and I've had (and still have) a great
        life!

        I live in Arkansas, but have kids in Ft. worth. My surgery was at UTSW in
        Dallas (Feb. 2010). Arkansas had hotter weather than Texas during the worst
        of the heat wave. It got to 115 here earlier this month, and the heat index
        even higher. Compare that to the sub zero temps we get during some winters.
        We have a saying in Arkansas, "If you don't like the weather, stick around.
        It will change soon!"

        The heat is starting to really get to me again as my airway narrows, though.
        The thing that exhausts me most is getting out in the heat. Also getting
        very cold seems to make my airway feel like it is closing up when it is
        narrowed. Come on, autumn!

        Lois