Re: Post-Op numbness

  • catrina.steele
    Message 1 of 61 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi I'm 9 days post-op and I'm still very numb! Fingers crossed it will go but if it doesn't I'm not too worried as I already had nerve damage from getting my bottom wisdom teeth removed over a year ago. I find that its bearable and hardly notice it. Only when I touch the part of my face where the nerve is damaged do I notice it. The best way to look at it is if it happens - it happens. Pot luck I would call it. I got nerve damage from something simple as wisdom teeth removal and the surgeon is positive I haven't got any from the ortho surgery.

      All the best,
      Catrina, UK

      --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "amkey5196" <amkey5196@...> wrote:

      > My biggest worry of getting this surgery is the numbness that seems to be more the norm than not. Although from everything I am reading here, everyone with the numbness and bad recovery would do it all over again if needed and never regretted their decision!
      >
      > Is there anyone here who DOES regret their decision to have to surgery due to permanant numbness and/or a hard recovery?
      >
      > Also if you have numbness, is it a lot and is it annoying like you always notice it??
      >
      > Amkey

    • ceast36532
      Message 61 of 61 , Mar 13, 2010
        One more idea -- has anybody addressed the idea of fixed prostheses? (Clearly, I don't know what I'm talking about here ... but it just seems to me that such might be another option. Maybe such devices have to be anchored with an implant... But I'd darn sure ask.)

        Cammie