Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Confused

Expand Messages
  • maygenwilson
    I m glad you re confident with your procedures now. I think it s a good decision... Looking forward to hearing about how you re doing after the surgery.
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 1, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      I'm glad you're confident with your procedures now. I think it's a good decision... Looking forward to hearing about how you're doing after the surgery. Good luck!

      Maygen

      --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "ttime1919" <ttime1919@...> wrote:
      >
      > I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied to my questions below, all the replies helped me. I talked to my surgeon and we have decided to do just the upper jaw and a chin advancement. My surgeon just did not think that the amount of movement that he would move the lower jaw was worth the risk associated with the lower jaw. I am happy with what we have chosen to do and hopefully I will be happy with the results. My surgery is in two days and it seems like the time has gone by so fast, but I am ready to get it done and out the way.
      >
      > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "ttime1919" <ttime1919@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi everyone. I am new to the site. I am scheduled to have my surgery in a week and a half. I have been trying to find information and someone to talk to because I am a nervous wreck. Luckily, I came across this website and I am starting to figure out that it is normal to be this nervous. I'm not sure if anyone can help me out with one of my major concerns. But if anyone can give me some advice, I would be more than grateful. Well, my surgeon originally planned a two-jaw surgery, but has now given me the option of a one or two jaw. I have become completely frustrated with this option, because I am unsure of what to do. I have an open-bite. The surgeon told me that he could correct the open-bite and my chin with just the one jaw surgery. And the only reason to do the lower jaw would be to elongate my back jawbone, which would be for cosmetic reasons only. I have gone over this in my head so many times, but I am afraid that I may make the wrong decision. I have thought that I might as well get both done, since I am having the surgery anyway. But then, I am afraid of how I will look like, depending if I choose both or jus the one. I have not been show any computer-generated images of what I would look after, so all I can do is image what I may look like. Also, I don't know if the healing time will be faster, if I just get one done or if it will be the same. I am just so confused in what to do. I know I have to make the decision on my own, but I think if I get some advice from people who are and have gone through this it my help. Thank you
      > >
      >
    • nvgwen08
      Well I can see how so many people are confused. I had a overbite (top teeth) and had lower jaw surgery. They, when getting a consultation from another
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 1, 2009
      • 0 Attachment
        Well I can see how so many people are confused. I had a overbite (top teeth) and had lower jaw surgery. They, when getting a consultation from another surgery about possible genioplasty - he said he would have done my upper jaw instead. Aesthetically, I look good but still battle lip incompetence. Also, after recently going to a speech therapist (to help correct the lip incompetence) I found out I have a very high palate. I believe this could have been corrected with upper jaw surgery. So.........I say to anyone thinking about getting jaw surgery to get a second...and maybe third...opinion from other surgeons even if you have to pay out of your pocket. The surgeon who performed my surgery insists that doing my upper would have covered too much of my teeth, but I guess I'll never know. Anyway, I wish I wouldn't have put so much faith in one person.
      • adrianax@sbcglobal.net
        I think you made the right choice. I also had my upper jaw done 2 weeks ago and it s not as bad as it sounds. You will do just fine...Goodluck!
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 1, 2009
        • 0 Attachment
          I think you made the right choice. I also had my upper jaw done 2 weeks ago and it's not as bad as it sounds. You will do just fine...Goodluck!


          --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "ttime1919" <ttime1919@...> wrote:
          >
          > I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied to my questions below, all the replies helped me. I talked to my surgeon and we have decided to do just the upper jaw and a chin advancement. My surgeon just did not think that the amount of movement that he would move the lower jaw was worth the risk associated with the lower jaw. I am happy with what we have chosen to do and hopefully I will be happy with the results. My surgery is in two days and it seems like the time has gone by so fast, but I am ready to get it done and out the way.
          >
          > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "ttime1919" <ttime1919@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi everyone. I am new to the site. I am scheduled to have my surgery in a week and a half. I have been trying to find information and someone to talk to because I am a nervous wreck. Luckily, I came across this website and I am starting to figure out that it is normal to be this nervous. I'm not sure if anyone can help me out with one of my major concerns. But if anyone can give me some advice, I would be more than grateful. Well, my surgeon originally planned a two-jaw surgery, but has now given me the option of a one or two jaw. I have become completely frustrated with this option, because I am unsure of what to do. I have an open-bite. The surgeon told me that he could correct the open-bite and my chin with just the one jaw surgery. And the only reason to do the lower jaw would be to elongate my back jawbone, which would be for cosmetic reasons only. I have gone over this in my head so many times, but I am afraid that I may make the wrong decision. I have thought that I might as well get both done, since I am having the surgery anyway. But then, I am afraid of how I will look like, depending if I choose both or jus the one. I have not been show any computer-generated images of what I would look after, so all I can do is image what I may look like. Also, I don't know if the healing time will be faster, if I just get one done or if it will be the same. I am just so confused in what to do. I know I have to make the decision on my own, but I think if I get some advice from people who are and have gone through this it my help. Thank you
          > >
          >
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.