Re: Surgical Hooks

  • twizted_0utkast
    Message 1 of 43 , May 1, 2008
      Mine are little T shapes that he clamped on in between the braces.
      they aren't even hooks at all but I guess the band will hook on around
      the top of the T shape. if that makes sense.

      I have Daemon brackets though so I'm not sure if diff types of braces
      require different types of hooks.

      --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "slapnutsgt"
      <slapnutsgt@...> wrote:

      > I'm still confused as to exactly what they are? I read a post this
      > week that several bands and hooks were placed on the teeth right
      before
      > the surgery. I just got my braces on Thursday, but every one of the
      > brackets on my back teeth has a hook/prong on it, whereas when I had
      my
      > braces 4 years ago, only the very back 4 teeth had hooks. So now I
      > have about 20 hooks in my mouth. I'm just trying to figure out what
      > the difference is between what I have now and what I will have to
      get.

      > PS, I totally forgot in just 4 years how bad braces suck in the
      > beginning! My cheeks are tore up :)

    • amybrianphoto
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 7, 2008
        Thanks everyone, i suspect i'll have them on as a precaution. I'm
        having them put on three days before thanksgiving which is two weeks
        before surgery. I guess my mouth is going to be irritated and i won't
        be able to eat well for thanksgiving. great.