Re: Introduction of myself and awaiting surgery

  • coloradohappydays
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi Bill,

      I am 12 days post op from upper/lower jaw surgery, palet expansion,
      cheek implants, LeForte 1, 4 piece. Right now you are building
      yourself up for all of the years people have made comments etc. and
      rejections you have faced. I went through the same thing, am 39 and
      with class III underbite, made my profile horrible. I am in my 16
      month with braces. Anything in life can be done, what makes it work
      or not work is attitude. I am home now, spent 4 days in hospital to
      monitor vitals..severe sleep apnea prior to all this. Now, my nasal
      is 100% open, throat airway more than doubled. I am experiencing
      oxygen like I never have and smells are amazing. Like a gift shop
      each day, all new to me. Last week was tough, coming off surgical
      meds, alot of swelling...but I took it one hour at a time. Set a
      couple of goals for myself each day. Be thankful your family supports
      you so much that you can move in for help, you will need it. I have
      my wife, mom, sister and aunt all helping me and I am soaking it
      up...life is good! If you want to email me direct, please do and I
      can share with you details how the swelling feels, ways to enjoy the
      liquid diet and answer any questions. I am living it right now.

      Brian
    • insidethefall78
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2008
        --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "Anne Michelle
        Enterprises" <AnneMichelle@...> wrote:

        > Bill,
        > This sounds similar to my daughter's condition. She has a deviated
        septum and a collapsed nasal valve. She can only breath freely from
        one nostril although with effort she can use both. You can see the
        difference in size of the nostrils and the indentation on the nose
        when she breaths in. This seems to be related to the restricted upper
        jaw. It seems to all impact upon the other. Will you be having the
        nasal surgery at same time as jaw? We have gotten varying opinions on
        this, like so many other things!
        > Irma

        Irma

        I don't actually know about the nasal surgery part of it, But I think
        this group has inspired me to become more aware of my state and find
        out what exactly i need done. Next week, I'm getting my third set of
        molds (of teeth) taken and hopefully soon I'll know if I still need
        more orthodontic treatment or if I can perhaps schedule the surgery.
        I'm going to try and consult directly with my OS after these last
        weeks of finals are over, then i'll hopefully have more information
        on my condition and will post it here - It seems like your daughter
        has exactly the same condition as I have (it feels strange that i'm
        meeting so many people with similiar conditions)- deviated septum,
        one nostril bigger than other, etc..., so I'll personally keep in
        touch with what I find out

        -Bill