Re: [Orthognathic Surgery Support ] Re: Nose Turned Up?-Sherry

  • Tommy
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2006
      My nose hooks down too. If my insurance ever approves this surgery, it will be an upper/lower advancement. It would be nice to lose that hook.

      Sherry <salvadora9@...> wrote: My nose is a little different now, but for the better. I'm 4 months
      post op--at first my nose was somewhat turned up, but it has settled
      down and has been in the same position now for at least 2 months.

      I had upper/lower/genio done, and my receding chin was dragging my
      nose downward (actually my whole lower face). My nose has more
      support now so it doesn't hook downwards anymore like it did before
      surgery. I actually expected the change as they had done a computer
      image of my projected results.

      For the first time in my life I'm pleased with my profile!

      Sherry

      --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "kevsma"
      <kevsma@...> wrote:

      > Hi D!
      >
      > I was so surprised after my surgery to find that my nose had
      > changed... I missed my nose so much and I thought that my nose had
      > changed forever! I am happy to tell you that I am over 8 months
      > post-op and my nose is back to the original size, most of the
      > swelling and numbness is gone, and I couldn't be happier. My braces
      > were removed this week, and I was not prepared for how well
      > everything has come together! I am so pleased with the results and
      > hope that you will be too!
      >
      > I wish you every success in your recovery!
      > Take care,
      > Nancy
      >
      > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "d_jasan"
      > <djasan@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > I had upper jaw surgery only. The swelling caused my nose to
      > become really turned up,
      > > post-surgery. As the swelling has subsided, my nose has "come
      > down" a bit but it is still
      > > turned up more than normal. I'm just curious if anyone else has
      > experienced this and how
      > > long it took for your nose to get back to normal or if, with the
      > bone repositioning in the
      > > upper jaw, this is the way it's going to stay. Do I need to
      > adjust to having a permanent
      > > snout!??
      > >
      > > Thanks...

    • d_jasan
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 3, 2006
        Nancy and Sherry,
        Thanks for the uplifting messages! I will try to be patient and avoid looking in the mirror
        too much while my jaw heals. I wasn't prepared for the long healing process -- I was just
        focused on getting through the surgery. I'm at 6 weeks next week and should get the "ok"
        to eat solid food again so I do have THAT to look forward to : ) Thanks again....

        --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry " <salvadora9@...> wrote:

        > My nose is a little different now, but for the better. I'm 4 months
        > post op--at first my nose was somewhat turned up, but it has settled
        > down and has been in the same position now for at least 2 months.
        >
        > I had upper/lower/genio done, and my receding chin was dragging my
        > nose downward (actually my whole lower face). My nose has more
        > support now so it doesn't hook downwards anymore like it did before
        > surgery. I actually expected the change as they had done a computer
        > image of my projected results.
        >
        > For the first time in my life I'm pleased with my profile!
        >
        > Sherry
        >

        > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "kevsma"
        > <kevsma@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi D!
        > >
        > > I was so surprised after my surgery to find that my nose had
        > > changed... I missed my nose so much and I thought that my nose had
        > > changed forever! I am happy to tell you that I am over 8 months
        > > post-op and my nose is back to the original size, most of the
        > > swelling and numbness is gone, and I couldn't be happier. My braces
        > > were removed this week, and I was not prepared for how well
        > > everything has come together! I am so pleased with the results and
        > > hope that you will be too!
        > >
        > > I wish you every success in your recovery!
        > > Take care,
        > > Nancy
        > >
        > > --- In orthognathicsurgerysupport@yahoogroups.com, "d_jasan"
        > > <djasan@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi,
        > > > I had upper jaw surgery only. The swelling caused my nose to
        > > become really turned up,
        > > > post-surgery. As the swelling has subsided, my nose has "come
        > > down" a bit but it is still
        > > > turned up more than normal. I'm just curious if anyone else has
        > > experienced this and how
        > > > long it took for your nose to get back to normal or if, with the
        > > bone repositioning in the
        > > > upper jaw, this is the way it's going to stay. Do I need to
        > > adjust to having a permanent
        > > > snout!??
        > > >
        > > > Thanks...

      • ceast36532
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 3, 2006
          \I think all of this just underscores again the fact that very few
          people can tell, at least for months, what they're really going to
          look like post-op. It just takes all those bones and muscles a while
          to put themselves back together -- and, for that matter, the rest of
          the body also has to recover from the pretty large insult we've
          dealt it.

          I have noticed in looking at post-op photos that one thing many of
          uss share is a sort of dogged, determined look, for again, at least
          a few months. I don't know what it's about -- looks to me like
          something ini the eyes. But I think you'll see it in post-op photos,
          and you'll also see it go away.

          C.