Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

  • Elizabeth Riggs
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2004
      Dear Group Members -

      My apologies for not posting this yesterday, but with 6 kids (with
      spouses), 7 grandchildren and one handicapped sister-in-law coming to
      dinner, I was a wee bit busy after the Litury for the Nativity!

      Wishing all of you a wonderful Feast as we celebrate the Synaxis of
      the Theotokos and continue our celebrations through Throphany and the
      Synaxis of the Forefunner on Jan 7/20.

      Love in Christ,
      Elizabeth, the sinner
      and Perennial Student
    • Hristofor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2004
        Does anyone know why the greeting Hristos razdajetsja/Christ is Born! and
        the refrain Slavite jego/Glorify Him! is more prevalent in the Ukrainian
        tradition then in Russia proper?

        A blessed Nativity/Synaxis/Theophany to all.
        Hristofor