[orthodox-synod] Cease and desist

  • Rev Mark Gilstrap
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 1999
      At 10:54 AM 11/2/99 -0600, Andreas wrote:

      >And we wonder why sheep are scandalized and scattered?

      [...]

      >Now... now that I've said what I've said... IN PUBLIC, any replies should
      >be made public.
      >
      >Don't go around and try to "skirt" by replying to me in private.
      >
      >Shame on us!

      I know that there must be a purpose behind trying to keep
      this pot stirred in as public a way as possible, but it
      has to stop now. I also know that this will be seen by
      some as evidence that there is a cover-up. I was told as
      much by one of the pot stirrers. I believe it is possible
      that the sudden increase in fervor these past two days is
      a tactical device to force moderation of this topic so that
      it can be said - "look at how they persecute us and hide the
      truth" or even, "bring down on them the wrath of the
      prophets." This is, of course, hooey.

      I still have no idea what supposed wrong some unknown-to-me
      priest did other than to testify against a now convicted
      pedophile. That much I have been told, along with the further
      accusation that the bishops allowed him "to lie" under oath -
      (whether at trial or at depositions wasn't offered) but
      without any evidence, just innuendo.

      So it is time to stop this thread. If you want to continue to
      post here without being moderated (which delays your postings
      until I get around to looking at them - for days sometimes -
      as I *don't* have a lot of free time as Fr Alexis rightly
      observed some do) - if you want to be free to post, then be
      responsible. Stop posting in this manner; it's getting
      too wierd and creepy. Go outside and get some sun!

      Priest Mark Gilstrap
      St James Orthodox Church
      Owasso (Tulsa), Oklahoma