Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: ROCA Bishops ask forgiveness from

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
      George Skok wrote:

      > Unfortunately, where I am, the polarization of views is a reality,
      > so there are people who are less well informed about things than one
      > would hope. One priest had been giving the impression that there was
      > little left to do but dot the i's and cross the t's, and on the
      > other side people did not wish to hear one good thing about the
      > church in Russia and condemned a union which had not yet taken
      > place. The Metropolitans' letter, threfore, came at a good time!

      JRS: There are few people more deserving of trust than Metropolitan
      Laurus. And he is a *very* careful and safe captain, at the helm of the
      Church's ship!

      As for the "dotting of i's and crossing of t's" -- no doubt; except
      that there are still so many of both, that remain to be dotted and
      crossed!

      What has happened is that the two sides have finally resumed *talking*.
      It remains to begin the process of *rebuilding*.

    • michael nikitin
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2003
        "Resumed *talking*."??

        Didn't know we were talking before these meetings
        of our bishops. Hope early next year Metr.Laurus
        will serve and commune at the Cathedral. I'm tired of
        waiting. They should just do what they'll do anyway
        and give everyone a rest.

        Michael N.

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2003
          In a message dated 12/3/03 2:25:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
          nikitinmike@... writes:

          > "Resumed *talking*."??
          >
          > Didn't know we were talking before these meetings
          > of our bishops. Hope early next year Metr.Laurus
          > will serve and commune at the Cathedral. I'm tired of
          > waiting. They should just do what they'll do anyway
          > and give everyone a rest.
          >
          > Michael N.

          Dear Michael,
          I will pass on your above stated feelings next week at the pastoral
          conference.
          Priest Victor Boldewskul