Re: Holy and worldly mathematics

  • vkozyreff
    Message 1 of 51 , Dec 1, 2003
      Dear Father Daniel, bless.

      After I quoted « Nikolay Kazantsev's » letter in which he warned that
      many parishes might leave, George ironically suggested that I entitle
      the subject "why only 144 will be saved". This was ridiculing Nicolay
      Kazantsev.

      After his retirement, as far as I know, Vl Seraphim was very silent
      and declined to make any declaration. He nevertheless published his
      solemn appeal under the pseudonym of Kazantsev a few days before his
      death. I reported this. Is this "adding to a long list
      of "authorities" used for people's advantage"? Whose advantage do you
      have in mind? His? Mine? Did you read the last sentence of the
      letter, in which he requests the orthodox to speak out?

      I do not equate myself to the Saviour (I took the precaution to
      mention this explicitly). However (and again), "Meekness and
      humility...should not yield before manifest evil…" (Vl Averky).

      Instead of a reply to the content of the letter, we have seen only
      mockery about numbers and "ad hominem remarks", which suggests that
      the letter is really good.

      Is the ROCOR hierarchy well informed about whom, even among the
      clergy, does support its MP policy?

      In God,

      Vladimir Kozyreff

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "orthodoxchurch_sg"
      <orthodoxchurch_sg@y...> wrote:
      > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "vkozyreff"
      > <vladimir.kozyreff@s...> wrote:
      > > Dear in Christ Father Daniel and George,
      > >
      > > Is the Truth on the side of those who ridicule, or on the side of
      > > those who are ridiculed?
      > >
      > > "Then Herod and his soldiers ridiculed and mocked him". (Luke
      23:10-
      > > 12)
      > >
      > > Please remember that you are not ridiculing me, but Archbishop
      > > Seraphim of blessed memory. Remember also that the number of
      > parishes
      > > was among Vl Mark's concerns as well.
      >
      > Evlogeite!
      > So - you put yourself on the level of our Saviour? Interesting. He
      > was mocked unjustly - this in no way shows that some ideas do not
      > deserve ridicule.
      > Please indicate anywhere I ridiculed Archbishop Seraphim ~ this is
      an
      > unjust accusation.
      > Sadly it looks like Archbishop Seraphim will be added to a long
      list
      > of "authorities" used for people's advantage. For years he is not
      > mentioned or quoted - the moment he dies (and is conveniently
      unable
      > to confirm or deny) he is being quoted left right and centre and
      > saying this and that to support causes and positions.
      > God bless / Fr Daniel
    • vkozyreff
      Message 51 of 51 , Dec 8, 2003
        Dear Mr. Boitchenko,

        The most important think for a captain is the safety of the ship and
        crew. Captains can take whatever advice they want, but they should
        take first the advice of their experienced and respected teachers and
        colleagues before they embark for dangerous crossings by new routes
        to new destinations.

        They should also refer to the classical teaching that they followed
        when they were trained. Examples of authoritative messages of caution
        to innovative captains have been numerous on this forum recently (See
        messages 9613, 9695, 9693, etc.etc).

        The fact that those messages of caution are systematically denied,
        ignored or deleted by the shipping company is worrying and seems to
        sign a change in the latter's policy. The management's denial sounds
        like a confirmation. A significant part of the fleet seems to have
        been lost and more losses are predicted.

        In God,

        Vladimir Kozyreff

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "V. Boitchenko"