Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: ROCA Bishops ask forgiveness from "Mother Church"!

  • Elena Baranov
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 30 11:08 PM
      As an academic, I have a habit of paying attention to facts and material evidence. If you know Russian well enough, I suggest you read the interviews given by Archbishop Mark and Rev. Peter Holodny during their visit to Moscow and reported extensively in Pravoslavie.ru, Kommersant, Nezavisimaya Gazeta, Pravda and Russkaya Linia.

      When official representatives of a church or any other organization travel on offficial business to conduct meetings, etc. with another organization and then make public statements concerning results of said meetings, it is assumed that such statements have been previously approved and, in fact, reflect the views and position of their respective organizations. Statement from MP representatives are basically consistent with the positions held by MP. Unfortunately, there was no such consistency on the part of ROCOR and the disavowal statement by Metropolitan Laurus (November 21, 2003) only added to the existing state of confusion.

      My statement concerning Metropolitan's health was not criticism, it is a fact that Metropolitan Laurus has had health problems for some time. Not too long ago, Metropolitan Laurus was admitted to one of the best hospitals in Boston where he had undergone surgery for a brain tumor. His condition was very serious and this was a known fact in the Russian community. During his hospital stay, Metropolitan Laurus had visitors from the Holy Epiphany parish, including Russian Sunday school carolers who came to the hospital to cheer him up on Nativity feast. Then there was another Boston hospital stay.

      What does -- "obviously-FSB inspired unionists" ??? "anti-MP aka KGB aka anti-ecclesiastical virus" mean or have anything to do with anything ??? Sounds as if a computer virus has taken hold of the spellcheck function ....