Re: Holy and worldly mathematics

  • orthodoxchurch_sg
    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 30, 2003
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua Fraese" <jfraese@i...>
      wrote:
      > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "orthodoxchurch_sg"
      > <orthodoxchurch_sg@y...> wrote:
      but their numbers certainly don't make Hinduism or idol
      > worship more attractive to me :)
      >
      > -Joshua Fraese

      Dear in Christ Joshua ~
      The point is, however, that there is a strand of Traditional
      Orthodoxy that sees virtue in the smallest number of 'the elect' ~ it
      defines itself according to whom it can exclude, not by whom it can
      embrace.
      God bless / Fr Daniel
    • vkozyreff
      Message 51 of 51 , Dec 8, 2003
        Dear Mr. Boitchenko,

        The most important think for a captain is the safety of the ship and
        crew. Captains can take whatever advice they want, but they should
        take first the advice of their experienced and respected teachers and
        colleagues before they embark for dangerous crossings by new routes
        to new destinations.

        They should also refer to the classical teaching that they followed
        when they were trained. Examples of authoritative messages of caution
        to innovative captains have been numerous on this forum recently (See
        messages 9613, 9695, 9693, etc.etc).

        The fact that those messages of caution are systematically denied,
        ignored or deleted by the shipping company is worrying and seems to
        sign a change in the latter's policy. The management's denial sounds
        like a confirmation. A significant part of the fleet seems to have
        been lost and more losses are predicted.

        In God,

        Vladimir Kozyreff

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "V. Boitchenko"