[orthodox-synod] more these questions

  • TALLSCAPES@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 1999
      << I was not punished >>

      Dear Nikolaj,

      A good point. Permit me to gently suggest a change in wording.
      The use of the word punish suggests an angry vengeful diety. We
      are able from our Christian perspective, rising above the limited
      concepts of the former covenant now surpassed, to understand
      that God wishes the salvation of all, that in the midst of every
      seeming punishment is not vengeance but chastisment aimed at
      at our reform and return, that all things work for the good of them
      that love God and even of them that as yet do not if they will but
      awaken from their passionate embrace of those things that work
      for their own destruction. Your friend, who continually falls short of
      the mark and so much depends on His mercy and your prayers, Peter