Eternal Memory to Archbishop Seraphim!

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 24, 2003
      On Monday, 24 November, the feast day of the
      Montreal Icon of the Iveron Mother of God, His
      Eminence Archbishop Seraphim (formerly of Geneva
      and Western Europe)reposed in the Lord. Eternal
      memory!

      I had only met Archbishop Seraphim twice & served with him in Lesna once
      & once at St Job's church in Belgium but I remember him warmly & with love
      in our Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord has spared him the heartache of what
      is now
      taking place in ROCA. Eternal Memory dear Vladyka Seraphim.

      protodeacon Basil from Canberra
    • vkozyreff
      Message 51 of 51 , Dec 8, 2003
        Dear Mr. Boitchenko,

        The most important think for a captain is the safety of the ship and
        crew. Captains can take whatever advice they want, but they should
        take first the advice of their experienced and respected teachers and
        colleagues before they embark for dangerous crossings by new routes
        to new destinations.

        They should also refer to the classical teaching that they followed
        when they were trained. Examples of authoritative messages of caution
        to innovative captains have been numerous on this forum recently (See
        messages 9613, 9695, 9693, etc.etc).

        The fact that those messages of caution are systematically denied,
        ignored or deleted by the shipping company is worrying and seems to
        sign a change in the latter's policy. The management's denial sounds
        like a confirmation. A significant part of the fleet seems to have
        been lost and more losses are predicted.

        In God,

        Vladimir Kozyreff

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "V. Boitchenko"