Re: Prayer Request

  • cjfile2000
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 4, 2003
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Timothy Tadros <tadros@a...>
      wrote:May God grant him blessed repose in the Paradise of Joy-With
      love in Christ,sinful John.
      > In'shallah tis la-mi
      > Il'yat-na na hamna
      > Rdr Timothy Tadros
      > Give rest O Lord to soul of thy servant the Priest George
      >
      > Abuna1913@a... wrote:
      >

      > Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very
      Reverend George
      > Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all
      his family
      > at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of
      any pain,
      > and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his
      example of
      > his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
      >

      > Yours in Christ
      >
      > Elias Harb

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.

    • Sandra Thompson
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 4, 2003
        Memory Eternal

        At 09:30 AM 11/4/2003 -0800, you wrote:
        >In'shallah tis la-mi
        > Il'yat-na na hamna
        > Rdr Timothy Tadros
        > Give rest O Lord to soul of thy servant the Priest George
        >
        >Abuna1913@... wrote:
        >

        >Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very Reverend George
        >Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all his family
        >at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of any pain,
        >and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his example of
        >his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
        >

        >Yours in Christ
        >
        >Elias Harb

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • StephenATL/Στέφανος
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 24, 2004
          My Dear Brethren the Synod and ROCOR Lists,

          Let us all on bended knee, with the tears of repentance of Great Lent
          and the joy of Pascha in our hearts that gives us that «χαρμολύπη»
          (harmolype) or «sorrowful-joy», let us pray for our beleaguered,
          persecuted and suffering Orthodox brethren in Kosovo (and all of Serbia)
          and in Palestine (and all suffering Orthodox Christians in the Middle
          East), who cannot or will not be able to celebrate Great Week and Pascha
          in peace and love as we are able. Let us pray for them with tears in
          our hearts, that our God will help and comfort them.

          in his Love,
          Stephanos
        • Stephen/Στέφανος
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 16 11:57 PM
            Dear All,

            I ask all members of the lists, especially the clergy, to remember the
            soul of the servant of God, Maria-Elisavet, my mother, who fell asleep
            in the Lord on 25 June 2004. Her 40-day memorial will be August 4th.

            Thank you,
            Stephanos Upton
          • Carol
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 3, 2007
              Dear in Christ, Dawn Ann,

              Please know that my prayers are with you, and your grandmother Rena, and mother Lynda. May God grant them, 'Many more Years.'

              God does have this all in his hands, of course. I lost my Mom two yrs ago, and my grandma and Dad, much earlier. They have all passed over, to be with our Lord, so certainly I understand the stress these situations bring while we watch and take part in the struggles, loved ones go through.. The only thing that brings peace, is the prayer of Gods people, and our faith, in him. As you well know.

              When this happens in our lives I always think of it, as knowing how the Theotokos must have felt when she saw her son, suffering, even though she knew it must be, as he chose to die for us, so we could have eternal life in him.

              Anyway, will be praying, please do know this.

              In Christ,

              Katherine