Re: [orthodox-synod] Resolution of the Pastoral Conference of the Australian Diocese

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2003
      These are not priests (error in translation) they are still deacons -
      "Priest Boris Evstigneev
      Priest Basil YakimovPriest Nicholas Triantafillidis"

      "Graham (Elias) Reeves" <graham_reeves65@...> on 04/11/2003
      01:42:22 PM

      To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
      cc:
      Subject: [orthodox-synod] Resolution of the Pastoral Conference of the
      Australian Diocese

      Just in case some have not seen this yet, here it is.

      Resolution of the Pastoral Conference of the Australian Diocese

      We, the clergy of the Diocese of Australia and New Zealand of the
      Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, having gathered on
      Wednesday, 16/29 October 2003 in Sydney, under the chairmanship of
      the Ruling Bishop of the Diocese, Archbishop Hilarion and in the
      presence of the First Hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church
      Outside of Russia, His Eminence Metropolitan Laurus, and the
      Secretary of the Synod of Bishops, His Grace Bishop Gabriel of
      Manhattan, to discuss the reasons for the convening of the
      forthcoming All-Diaspora Pastoral Conference in New York, express
      the following opinions:

      1. We, members of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia,
      never separated ourselves and do not separate ourselves from either
      the Russian people or from the Russian Orthodox Church, but are, on
      the basis of Ukase No 362 of Holy Patriarch Tikhon and his Synod, in
      a state of temporary self-governance.

      2. We consider that the time has arrived for all the parts of the
      Local Russian Church to draw together and return to the principles
      and spirit of the All-Russian Local Council of 1917-1918 by means of
      negotiations.

      3. In light of the fact that many years have passed since the time
      of the All-Russian Local Council, many problems have arisen which
      need to be exhaustively examined and we must return to the canonical
      norms of conciliar Church life. We feel that this process must be
      conducted in the spirit of truth, Christian love and mutual
      understanding.

      4. We pray the Lord God for the successful labors of the forthcoming
      All-Diaspora Pastoral Conference and Council of Bishops for the
      general benefit of the Church.

      +Metropolitan Laurus

      +Archbishop Hilarion

      +Bishop Gabriel