Re: [orthodox-synod] Today are we no different....

  • larry most
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24, 2003
      GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST - GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
      Thank you for the wonderful posting. He could have written that yesterday. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Again, thanks for the words of wisdom.
      Love in Christ,
      Sub-deacon Lawrence

      byakimov@... wrote:
      I have no idea what I shall say to you today. I see that since the feast of
      Pentecost the attendance at Divine Services has fallen off, the Prophets
      are neglected, the Apostles are little valued, the Fathers are set aside?.
      There is divine service once a week, and even this day you cannot spend
      without the cares of business. As a matter of fact, the whole city is at
      the circus. No poverty stands in the way there, no urgent work, no illness,
      no weakness of the feet, nothing of all these is able to hold back the
      unruly passion. The old men run with the youths to the betting and expose
      their gray hairs to shame and ridicule. And if they occasionally come here
      to church, they experience seizures, and listening to sermons gives them
      fainting spell.

      -St. John Chrysostom

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT