The Great ROCA philosopher on the soviet MP

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
      Father Alexander,

      With respect I am not arguing against the words of blessed in memory
      Metropolitan Anastassy nor any
      of our distinguished hierarchs. Yes the soviet state is not there but many
      of the loyal soviet apparatchicks
      are now ruining the show in post soviet Russia. This is true with the post
      soviet MP. The MP hierarchs, in the majority - with a few exceptions such
      as archbishop Veniamin (Benjamin), have defended the "soviet church" & that
      is why the words written by blessed in memory Metropolitan Anastassy ,
      Metropolitan Philaret,Archbishop Averky, Archimandrite Constantine, Father
      Seraphim Rose, Philosopher I. Ilyin & many others are not just historical
      but very relevant to the situation today. We should be mindful of them
      because if we take the words of the last soviet patriarch in defence of
      the "soviet church" for he calls the betrayal of the Holy New Martyrs &
      Confessors of Russia, the usurpation of church authority & the subjugation
      to the soviet state of ANTICHRIST by metr. Sergius as a "brave act" &
      elsewhere in the MP metr. Sergius is compared with Saint Alexander Nevsky
      as the latter defeated the enemies of our Church but allowed himself to be
      subjugated to the mongols occupying Holy Rus. ( I am not judging anyone but
      the TRUTH cannot be saddled, swept under the carpert nor should I put on
      rose coloured glasses. Our Lord Jesus Christ will judge us justly one an
      all but should I now be silent as a loyal servant of His then I would so
      betray Him & His Church. I rather endure the name calling & other
      unpleasantness but remain faithful to Him unto the ends of my days.)

      There can be logical comparison with Saint Alexander - for metr. Sergius
      allowed himself & his successors to be the loyal servants of the soviets &
      to propagate lies & deceit about the TRUTH , the true state of our Russian
      Orthodox Church & the persecution of the multitude of true servants of our
      Lord Jesus Christ. Yes the times have changed, even some of the people
      but the deceit & lies in the MP about metr. Sergius & the soviet church
      continuous to the present.

      With respect to all who want the unification, as you are probably aware I
      am not entirely against it but only when the MP is rid of sergianism &
      ecumenism. Even Archbishop Benjamin & many others in the present day MP
      pray that we be strong when we are put to the test & stand our ground - not
      betray our glorious & sorrowful Royal Path that ROCA has been faithfully
      on over 80 years in the Diaspora & Russia. Our betrayal will be again the
      betrayal of the suffering people of Russia who await the MP to be cleansed
      from the sickness/virus of sergianism & the total abandonment of ecumenism.

      I pray that we do make the right decision & not betray ROCA or the
      suffering people of Russia.

      I ask for your prayers.

      protodeacon Basil from Canberra

      "Fr. Alexander Lebedeff" <lebedeff@...> on 08/10/2003 12:07:08 AM

      Please respond to rocaclergy@yahoogroups.com

      To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, rocaclergy@yahoogroups.com,
      rocorclergy@yahoogroups.com
      cc:
      Subject: [rocaclergy] Re: [orthodox-synod] The Great ROCA philosopher on
      the soviet MP

      Fr. Basil Yakimov wrote:

      >Philosopher I. Ilyin was a loyal son of ROCA & his recent anniversary
      has
      >been celebtated
      >by readings & lectures in Australia ( I took part in Canberra) & Russia.
      >
      >His words about the "soviet chuch" are relevant today. Blessed in memory
      >Archbishop Averky, Archimandrite Constantine, father Seraphim Rose, just
      >name a few, would even today be in agreement with this great son
      >of Holy Rus who loved the Church but never shied from speaking the TRUTH.
      >
      >protodeacon Basil from Canberra

      Fr. Basil seems to consistently forget the simple fact that the words of
      Professor Ilyin bout the "Soviet Church," as well as the words of
      Metropolitan Philaret, Archbishop Averky, Professor Andreev, and others
      were all written at the time that the Moscow Patriarchate was, in the words
      of Metropolitan Anastassy, "in close, active, and benevolent cooperation
      with the Soviet regime, which openly confesses its total-godlessness and
      strives to implant atheism in the entire Russian nation."

      Do you, Fr. Basil, truly believe that the current leadership of the Moscow
      Patriarchate is now "in close, active, and benevolent cooperation with the
      Soviet regime, which openly confesses its total-godlessness and strives to
      implant atheism in the entire Russian nation"?

      Since it is obviously not--then the words of Professor Ilyin are not
      "relevant today" at all, as you would have it. They have only a historical
      interest.

      You should read carefully the full statement of Metropolitan Anastassy
      regarding the hierarchs of the Moscow Patriarchate, as written in his
      "Testament":

      "As regards the Moscow Patriarchate and its hierarchs, for so long as they
      are found in close, active, and benevolent cooperation with the Soviet
      regime, which openly confesses its total-godlessness and strives to implant
      atheism in the entire Russian nation, then the Church Abroad, maintaining
      her purity, must not have any canonical, prayerful, or even ordinary
      communion with them whatsoever, at the same time leaving each one of them
      to the final judgment of the Sobor of the future free Russian Church."

      Here Metropolitan Anastassy not only clearly defines the criterion that
      must be met in order to allow canonical, prayerful, and even ordinary
      communion with the Moscow Patriarchate--a condition that has now
      unequivocally been met--but also commands us not to judge the hierarchs of
      the Moscow Patriarchate ourselves--but to leave them to the judgement of a
      future Sobor of the free Russian Church.

      Do you, Fr. Basil, wish to argue against the express will and testament of
      Metropolitan Anastassy?

      With love in Christ,

      Prot. Alexander Lebedeff