The Great ROCA philosopher on the soviet MP

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2003
      http://catacomb.org.ua/rubr03/R03_01085.htm (in Russian)

      Philosopher I. Ilyin was a loyal son of ROCA & his recent anniversary has
      been celebtated
      by readings & lectures in Australia ( I took part in Canberra) & Russia.

      His words about the "soviet chuch" are relevant today. Blessed in memory
      Archbishop Averky, Archimandrite Constantine, father Seraphim Rose, just to
      name a few, would even today be in agreement with this great son
      of Holy Rus who loved the Church but never shied from speaking the TRUTH.

      protodeacon Basil from Canberra
    • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
        Fr. Basil Yakimopv wrote:

        >Philosopher I. Ilyin was a loyal son of ROCA & his recent anniversary has
        >been celebtated
        >by readings & lectures in Australia ( I took part in Canberra) & Russia.
        >
        >His words about the "soviet chuch" are relevant today. Blessed in memory
        >Archbishop Averky, Archimandrite Constantine, father Seraphim Rose, just to
        >name a few, would even today be in agreement with this great son
        >of Holy Rus who loved the Church but never shied from speaking the TRUTH.
        >
        >protodeacon Basil from Canberra

        Fr. Basil seems to consistently forget the simple fact that the words of
        Professor Ilyin bout the "Soviet Church," as well as the words of
        Metropolitan Philaret, Archbishop Averky, Professor Andreev, and others
        were all written at the time that the Moscow Patriarchate was, in the words
        of Metropolitan Anastassy, "in close, active, and benevolent cooperation
        with the Soviet regime, which openly confesses its total-godlessness and
        strives to implant atheism in the entire Russian nation."

        Do you, Fr. Basil, truly believe that the current leadership of the Moscow
        Patriarchate is now "in close, active, and benevolent cooperation with the
        Soviet regime, which openly confesses its total-godlessness and strives to
        implant atheism in the entire Russian nation"?

        Since it is obviously not--then the words of Professor Ilyin are not
        "relevant today" at all, as you would have it. They have only a historical
        interest.

        You should read carefully the full statement of Metropolitan Anastassy
        regarding the hierarchs of the Moscow Patriarchate, as written in his
        "Testament":

        "As regards the Moscow Patriarchate and its hierarchs, for so long as they
        are found in close, active, and benevolent cooperation with the Soviet
        regime, which openly confesses its total-godlessness and strives to implant
        atheism in the entire Russian nation, then the Church Abroad, maintaining
        her purity, must not have any canonical, prayerful, or even ordinary
        communion with them whatsoever, at the same time leaving each one of them
        to the final judgment of the Sobor of the future free Russian Church."

        Here Metropolitan Anastassy not only clearly defines the criterion that
        must be met in order to allow canonical, prayerful, and even ordinary
        communion with the Moscow Patriarchate--a condition that has now
        unequivocally been met--but also commands us not to judge the hierarchs of
        the Moscow Patriarchate ourselves--but to leave them to the judgement of a
        future Sobor of the free Russian Church.

        Do you, Fr. Basil, wish to argue against the express will and testament of
        Metropolitan Anastassy?

        With love in Christ,

        Prot. Alexander Lebedeff
      • byakimov@csc.com.au
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
          Father Alexander,

          With respect I am not arguing against the words of blessed in memory
          Metropolitan Anastassy nor any
          of our distinguished hierarchs. Yes the soviet state is not there but many
          of the loyal soviet apparatchicks
          are now ruining the show in post soviet Russia. This is true with the post
          soviet MP. The MP hierarchs, in the majority - with a few exceptions such
          as archbishop Veniamin (Benjamin), have defended the "soviet church" & that
          is why the words written by blessed in memory Metropolitan Anastassy ,
          Metropolitan Philaret,Archbishop Averky, Archimandrite Constantine, Father
          Seraphim Rose, Philosopher I. Ilyin & many others are not just historical
          but very relevant to the situation today. We should be mindful of them
          because if we take the words of the last soviet patriarch in defence of
          the "soviet church" for he calls the betrayal of the Holy New Martyrs &
          Confessors of Russia, the usurpation of church authority & the subjugation
          to the soviet state of ANTICHRIST by metr. Sergius as a "brave act" &
          elsewhere in the MP metr. Sergius is compared with Saint Alexander Nevsky
          as the latter defeated the enemies of our Church but allowed himself to be
          subjugated to the mongols occupying Holy Rus. ( I am not judging anyone but
          the TRUTH cannot be saddled, swept under the carpert nor should I put on
          rose coloured glasses. Our Lord Jesus Christ will judge us justly one an
          all but should I now be silent as a loyal servant of His then I would so
          betray Him & His Church. I rather endure the name calling & other
          unpleasantness but remain faithful to Him unto the ends of my days.)

          There can be logical comparison with Saint Alexander - for metr. Sergius
          allowed himself & his successors to be the loyal servants of the soviets &
          to propagate lies & deceit about the TRUTH , the true state of our Russian
          Orthodox Church & the persecution of the multitude of true servants of our
          Lord Jesus Christ. Yes the times have changed, even some of the people
          but the deceit & lies in the MP about metr. Sergius & the soviet church
          continuous to the present.

          With respect to all who want the unification, as you are probably aware I
          am not entirely against it but only when the MP is rid of sergianism &
          ecumenism. Even Archbishop Benjamin & many others in the present day MP
          pray that we be strong when we are put to the test & stand our ground - not
          betray our glorious & sorrowful Royal Path that ROCA has been faithfully
          on over 80 years in the Diaspora & Russia. Our betrayal will be again the
          betrayal of the suffering people of Russia who await the MP to be cleansed
          from the sickness/virus of sergianism & the total abandonment of ecumenism.

          I pray that we do make the right decision & not betray ROCA or the
          suffering people of Russia.

          I ask for your prayers.

          protodeacon Basil from Canberra

          "Fr. Alexander Lebedeff" <lebedeff@...> on 08/10/2003 12:07:08 AM