Archimandrite Tikhon (Shevkunov): "Monasteries and Monastic Life in

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2003
      It seems the "Pastyrskoe soveschanie" will be dominated by lecturers that
      have for many years now
      espoused "unification" (excluding the 2 MP priests who are obviously not
      against such a premature move).
      It is interesting to note that Archimadrite Tikhon Shevkunov - his name is
      on Google - is a person who not so long ago called ROCA a sect. "He is
      reputed to be Putin's "spiritual father" and is involved in shady politics;
      he is also close to the MSB
      (formerly KGB) and is virulently antiwestern. He graduated from an
      actor's school and there is no indication that he has ever had a formal
      theological education." Look at the following sites:

      www.cdi.org/russia/johnson/6009-10.cfm

      www.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/kochetkov2407eng.

      If I am wrong about Archimandrite Tikhon then I ask his forgiveness but he
      is indeed playing a major role in Russia & now Abroad ..... that the
      "foreign minister" of the MP - metr. Kyrill is very envious...

      Our Lord Jesus Christ forgive me a sinner but I cannot fathom the real
      reasons for the RUSH to unity when the MP
      is still sergianist & ecumenist - the words of the MP SOBOR have not been
      promulgated in to the life of the MP, especially at the top ... Bishops
      still vigorously participate in the various ecuminist forums , including
      Kazahstan.

      protodeacon Basil from Canberra
    • maestro_vg
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2003
        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, byakimov@c... wrote:
        Our Lord Jesus Christ forgive me a sinner but I cannot fathom the
        real reasons for the RUSH to unity when the MP is still sergianist &
        ecumenist - the words of the MP SOBOR have not been promulgated in to
        the life of the MP, especially at the top ... Bishops still
        vigorously participate in the various ecuminist forums , including
        Kazahstan.

        protodeacon Basil from Canberra

        ---

        o. Vasily, is there a double-standard here? You serve
        with "ecuemenist" Serbians (as do I, and the rest of the clergy in
        the ANZ diocese), yet, you have a problem with the "ecuemenist"
        Russians?

        In my view, there is nothing wrong with forums. There is no serving
        going on at these gatherings, so what's wrong with giving the world
        an Orthodox perspective? Seems more apostolic than apocolyptic.

        These types of anti-MP attitudes seem to be more emotionally charged,
        based on the past, rather than the real issues of today. This
        reminds me of a Russian choral concert I conducted a few years
        back... some of the older guests (and even members of the choir)
        were critical of the local ROC-MP priest showing up - 'smotri,
        krasnij zayavilsya' or 'how dare he show up to OUR event'. Yet,
        nobody seemed to care about the fact that our archbishop was sitting
        next to one of the local Anglican priests.

        dVG