Re: Lessons Learned.

  • cantor71
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2003
      Ha!

      It means, "We forgot to ask you."

      George

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Symeon <fyh@n...> wrote:
      > Sorry, but this lister doesn't grock Russian...
      >
      > "lochmatow" <lochmven@n...> writes:
      > > " ZABILI TEBYA SPROSIT ".
      >
      > Babblefish renders this as:
      >
      > " CLOGGED TEBYA IT WILL ASK ".
      >
      > Somehow I think this isn't close.
      >
      > /Symeon
    • boulia_1
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2003
        Or "THEY forgot..."

        ... And I'm sure anyone who has known O. Kiprian can HEAR him saying
        this pearl of wisdom... In its cutting conciseness, it's classic!!

        ---Elizabeth

      • frvboldewskul@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2003
          This reminds me of another Fr. Kypian story. As many know, Father
          Archimandrite Kyprian was the spiritual father for thousands of Orthodox Christians
          during his life, and was the spiritual father for scores upon scores of seminarians
          who became priests. His iconography (and the school he established) make him,
          in my view, a theologian. His icon of the New Martyrs of Russia has become
          the symbol of the Russian Church Abroad in Russia. Archimandrite Kyprian was a
          true authority throughout our Church.

          In the summer of 1990 (when I was still a seminarian), a monk from the Pskov
          Percherski Monastery, Fr. Anastasius, was visiting Holy Trinity Monastery in
          Jordanville. I had met Fr. Anastasius the previous summer when I was in Russia.
          He was extremely helpful to me. Not knowing that he was in the Monastery, I
          was walking back to my room to the Seminary building from the Monastery
          printshop when I saw him in the reception room, through the window. He was talking
          to Fr. Kyprian. [Vladyka Laurus was away for several weeks (I think he was in
          Jerusalem) and Fr. Kyprian was in charge of the Monastery during Vladyka's
          absence.] As I looked through the window, Fr. Kyprian was showing so much
          kindness and joy. When I walk in and greeted Fr. Anastasius (or rather, interrupted
          their conversation) Fr. Kyprian rejoiced that he saw two friends saying hello.
          He treated Fr. Anastasius with love, respect and honor. He never said that
          "you can't serve here," because he knew Fr. Anastasius knew that already. I
          was "ordered" by Father Kyprian to take good care of our guest, and every day
          he asked "how is Batushka, does he need anything." What Fr. Anastasius saw
          that week in Jordanville was the true Russian Church Abroad. He encountered our
          Church's anchor and roots.

          Some have asked "why the rush to dialogue." Dear Orthodox-Synod list
          members, the process began no later than that summer day in 1990. It is true that
          that spirit was not followed up by others, even in the Monastery, but I have no
          doubt that Fr. Kyprian is rejoicing as he watches his spiritual children lead
          our Church back, as Vladyka Kyrill noted, "by miraculous means," ..."to its
          original path, the path of its founders." Last Monday would have been Fr.
          Kyprian's name's day. May his memory be eternal!

          In Christ,
          Priest Victor Boldewkul