Re: [orthodox-synod] Maran Atha!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2003
      Timothy Tadros wrote:

      > Elder Lavrenty (Ý1950) told his spiritual children: "The time will
      > come when even the closed churches will be renovated, not only
      > outside but inside as well. The cupolas of churches and bell towers
      > will be gilded. And when all this is finished, the time will come for
      > the reign of antichrist. ... Antichrist will be crowned as king in a
      > splendid temple in Jerusalem with the participation of the clergy and
      > of the patriarch." (Nadezhda No. 14, 1988)

      JRS: Nevertheless, the antichrist has not yet been crowned as king, and
      there is no "splendid temple in Jerusalem", if he means a rebuilt
      temple on the site where the Mosque of Omar now stands.

      Nor does the above statement mean that, as soon as churches are
      restored and rebuilt in Russia, the antichrist is here.

      "Maran Atha" BTW, means "Our Lord Cometh" -- with glory, to judge the
      living and the dead.