Re: True or False?

  • elizabethrandell
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2003
      Father bless. The document is really a personal statement on a
      very local level. I was just seeking some help in formulating an
      answer. It doesn't ring true with my understanding of a church's
      relationships to its ruling bishops either. As I am rather new to
      Orthodoxy I was hoping others would help shed some light on
      this.

      Elizabeth Randell

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "stefanvpavlenko"
      <StefanVPavlenko@n...> wrote:
      > On my way to church, just checking latest posts ...
      >
      > Where did you see this what DOCUMENT is it a part of, Father
      John's
      > answer is a good explaination, but the quote does not seem to
      "ring true".

      > If you could give the source it would help very much.
      >
      > Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
      >

      > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "elizabethrandell"
      > <elizabethrandell@y...> wrote:
      > > Would someone more knowledgeable than I please
      comment
      > > on this statement , whether it is true or false, why or why not?
      > > read it recently in a document and find it rather odd.
      > >
      > > "The Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church
      Outside