REPENTANCE & the ROYAL WAY

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2003
      REPENTANCE
      Lord!
      Thou art here,
      Invisible,
      And everywhere.
      Thou givest love to us,
      Forgiveness of our sins, and peace.
      Thou hearest us, such wretched sinners,
      Inviting us to Thine divine feast.

      Feeble are we,
      And naked,
      And besmirched,
      Full of forgetfulness,
      Ingratitude and filth.
      And yet with hope we pray to Thee:
      Cleanse us, our Lord God, and redeem.

      O, hear the prayers of Thy saints,
      Who pray for us, lost deep in sin.
      For the sake of their meek and saintly lives,
      Wash clean with tears our blackened souls.

      O, let our contrite cry reach Thee!
      Hear us and keep us in Thy sight!
      We pray, we beg despairingly:
      Hear us, our Lord God, and redeem.

      Our deeds show up our words' futility,
      But the Prodigal Son's footsteps we trace,
      To return to Thee in all humility,
      And fall on our knees before Thy face.

      - Deacon Andre Rudenko
      Translated by Kosara Gavrilovic

      TO THE TSAR-MARTYR
      He is alive,
      He gazes down upon us,
      He calls us with his heavenly voice,
      Our conscience yearning to awaken...

      Tsar-Martyr Nicholas.
      Calmly He bore his cross,
      So bloody and so cruel,
      And our native land
      From bloodshed he can free...

      He is alive,
      He waits,
      He calls,
      He calls and pleads for our tears...

      With his myrrh-streaming icon
      He sends a message to us here
      From the divine heights
      Of the Heavenly King...

      He, earthly king,
      Loving us even now,
      Together with his holy Family
      Offers holiness to us...

      Will we respond to Him?
      And to his Family... and to God?
      Kneeling,
      Crying,
      Tearfully
      Pleading?

      Or shall we continue,
      Drowsily passing by,
      To yawn and languish -
      While having such a
      Mighty intercessor
      Before the throne of the Eternal King?
      - Deacon Andre Rudenko.

      THE ROYAL WAY

      For all who sorrow, oh Most Pure One,
      To be so meek as to descend
      From throne and in the cellar of death to end -
      So thus begins the "royal way" for each
      Of us for the kingdom of God to reach

      And for this earthly kingdom to forsake.
      There is no other way for us to take,
      But the shortest path
      Of the meekest Tsar!

      Seeing the future in what came before,
      When dead was Russia and the Tsar was slain,
      Seeing that neither we may yet restore,

      Let us be meek... God's wisdom will decide
      What was in vain and what was not in vain.
      Let us be meek and in God's love abide.

      Let us be meek, so that the people are
      Once more made worthy of their Tsar,
      And Russia is restored to them again.

      - I. Grachev Translated by Kosara Gavrilovic