Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: MP priest married homosexuals????

  • Priest Seraphim Holland
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2003
      orthodoxchurch_sg wrote:
      > Evlogeite!
      > Nevertheless what? If it is a 'rogue' priest performing an
      > uncanonical act - which I am sure it is - then it cannot be used to
      > show anything about the MP. It looks like a cheap trick to me.

      I completely agree. There are wierdos in all the churches.

      --
      Priest Seraphim Holland - seraphim@... PHONE: 972/529-2754
      MOBILE: 214 658-5433 ADDRESS:2102 Summit, McKinney, TX 75071
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2003
        from www.pravoslavie.ru

        Nizhniy Novgorod, on 4 September, 2003.

        the Press- service of Nizhniy-Novgorod diocese extended official
        statement in connection with the appearance in the central press of
        materials, that "in Nizhniy Novgorod allegedly took place the wedding
        of the marriage between two men". In the statement, published by
        Nizhniy-Novgorod telegraphic agency, it is said: "is perfected the
        previously planned provocation, designed for scandalous drawing of
        attention to the problem of the so-called. "unisexual marriages". The
        Russian Orthodox Church unconditionally condemns very idea
        of "unisexual marriage" and it is traditional, following holy writing
        and legend of church, it condemns homosexual relations as mortal
        sin ".

        Diocesan commission carry ouied the investigation, which showed that
        the perfect act "under no conditions cannot be considered marriage".
        Klirik, which allowed "the crude violations of church discipline, for
        the accomplishment of the blasphemous actions on 2 September, 2003,
        is forbidden in svyashchennosluzhenii".

        -Elias in Michigan

        04/09/03

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Priest Seraphim Holland