MP priest married homosexuals????

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2003
      Idon't know if it's true, or not, but never the
      less....
      S......

      > http://www.portal-credo.ru/site/?act=monitor&id=2183 (in Russian only)
      > Here is a picture, btw.
      > The "couple" payed $500 for the "ceremony".
    • orthodoxchurch_sg
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2003
        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, byakimov@c... wrote:
        > Idon't know if it's true, or not, but never the
        > less....
        > S......

        Evlogeite!
        Nevertheless what? If it is a 'rogue' priest performing an
        uncanonical act - which I am sure it is - then it cannot be used to
        show anything about the MP. It looks like a cheap trick to me.

        Fr Daniel
      • Priest Seraphim Holland
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2003
          orthodoxchurch_sg wrote:
          > Evlogeite!
          > Nevertheless what? If it is a 'rogue' priest performing an
          > uncanonical act - which I am sure it is - then it cannot be used to
          > show anything about the MP. It looks like a cheap trick to me.

          I completely agree. There are wierdos in all the churches.

          --
          Priest Seraphim Holland - seraphim@... PHONE: 972/529-2754
          MOBILE: 214 658-5433 ADDRESS:2102 Summit, McKinney, TX 75071
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2003
            from www.pravoslavie.ru

            Nizhniy Novgorod, on 4 September, 2003.

            the Press- service of Nizhniy-Novgorod diocese extended official
            statement in connection with the appearance in the central press of
            materials, that "in Nizhniy Novgorod allegedly took place the wedding
            of the marriage between two men". In the statement, published by
            Nizhniy-Novgorod telegraphic agency, it is said: "is perfected the
            previously planned provocation, designed for scandalous drawing of
            attention to the problem of the so-called. "unisexual marriages". The
            Russian Orthodox Church unconditionally condemns very idea
            of "unisexual marriage" and it is traditional, following holy writing
            and legend of church, it condemns homosexual relations as mortal
            sin ".

            Diocesan commission carry ouied the investigation, which showed that
            the perfect act "under no conditions cannot be considered marriage".
            Klirik, which allowed "the crude violations of church discipline, for
            the accomplishment of the blasphemous actions on 2 September, 2003,
            is forbidden in svyashchennosluzhenii".

            -Elias in Michigan

            04/09/03

            --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Priest Seraphim Holland