Being Orthodox

  • Theodora Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2003
      September brings many things to those who are Orthodox. First and above
      all, the New Year. While the weather brings changes and the mountains
      disappear behind veils of blue mist and the leaves begin their ritual colour
      changes, we Orthodox begin again the never ending life of the Church. Many
      do ot stop to think on this and while BBQ ing or grilling for Labor Day the
      New Year comes in so quietly that they cannot hear it at all.

      Amid life's many problems and troubles this event sets our path for another
      year...with hope and love and grace that will see us though all that is to
      come on our walk to salvation.

      So, while preparing the soil for winter, watching the fields be mowed and
      the hay rolled into great roles for winter or raking the many leaves, or
      enjoying the Labor Day holiday, I do hope that all put aside a quiet time to
      reflect on the New Year...the start of the "intersturcture" of our Faith.
      To do away with any part is like the "blackout" many just went through. I
      thought on this and it seems quite true...it only takes a little part to not
      work and the whole is weakened.

      So I wish to all a blessed New Year....one that shows us the grace and
      strength
      that comes with the whole of the Faith...

      Theodora in the mountains just rambling and hope not to offend