Weeping

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11 3:31 PM
      Weeping

      "Blessed are they that mourn" (Matthew 5:4), said the Lord. Blessed are
      they who mourn asking for the Kingdom of God. Blessed are they who mourn
      suffering for the Faith in Christ. Blessed are they that mourn repenting of
      their sins. There can be no true repentance without tears. With what shall
      we wash away our sins if not through tears or through blood, the blood of
      martyrdom? The monks of Nitria sent a petition to St. Macarius the Great
      asking if he would come to them rather that they all come to him. Macarius
      obeyed and came to them. All the monks gathered around St. Macarius and
      begged him for a word of instruction. Macarius began to weep and through
      his tears said: "Brethren, let tears flow from your eyes before you go over
      there where our tears will fry our bodies." Then all the brethren began to
      weep.                                                Prologue from Ochrid