[orthodox-synod] Re: Blanco

  • Andreas O'Dell
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 27, 1999
      I have an old typewriter stand in the corner of my office; we've had it
      in the family for about 50 years. Surprisingly, with great care and
      maintenance, it still works.

      About 40 years ago, when I was just about seven years old, I found a
      sticker that had several witticisms (pithy proverbs) on it and stuck it
      to this old typewriter stand. Each time I sat down to work at my old
      manual typewriter, when I was in boarding school (yes, it happened to me
      once), I would look at those proverbs and be constantly reminded of the
      wisdom in them.

      Just a sampling of a few of those proverbs are:

      "He who talks to you about others will talk to others about you."

      "Watch your speech! Many a mouth has been opened by mistake."

      "Character is what you are when you think no one else is looking."

      Perhaps when you get your next newsletter from the monastery you will see
      me in a picture sitting with Fr. Benedict and Fr. Jeremiah, among Br.
      Moses and Fr. Vasili, and you will put your hand over your mouth,
      exclaiming, "What in the world is Andreas doing?"

      Perhaps if you have someone else to "chatter" about you will give Fr.
      Benedict and Fr. Jeremiah a much needed break.

      O anaxios,
      Andreas
      P.S. If you're really interested, you can point your browser to:
      http://www.WhatInTheWorldIsAndreasDoing.com/