Re: English Apostolos

  • David Moser
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2003

      Subject: Re: English Apostolos

      I have compiled an Epistle book in English, but lack the funds to professionally
      publish it. I have however found a source that can bind this book using a
      pressure spine. It is actually very good.
      I have used the King James version and the prokeimenon and alleluia translations
      are mostly taken from Fr. Lawrence's vigil service book. For the rare
      prokemenon I have used the psalter that Boston put out years ago.
      For the most part, I have kept the exact same format as the slavonic Epistle
      that we use. I have added some of the newer saints ie St. John of Krondstadt
      etc.

      I would be willing to send you a copy if you wish, but the printing costs are
      not cheap. It costs me almost $50.00 just to copy and bind the book.

      Priest Stelian Liabotis
      London Ontario Canada
      <<

      Dear Father,

      Is this compilation a file in a standard word processor or publishing program
      format? If so, you might look into the possibility of burning some CD's with
      the file (much cheaper than paper and ink printing) and market the CD's -
      allowing the purchaser to print and bind his own copy at his own expense.

      Priest David Moser +++ moserd@...
      Boise, Idaho
    • Fr. Gregory Williams
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2003
        >What Epistle lectionaries are available in English, suitable for a
        ROCA parish? (E.g., Slavic usage, probably HTM-style Psalter
        translations for prokeimen/allelulias, etc.) ...

        >I know that St. John of Kronstadt Press was going to publish one a
        few years ago (I pre-ordered one), but it seems nothing came of it.

        Thanks.

        /Symeon

        With apologies to you and all others, our Apostolos project was stalled (but
        not abandoned) by a desire to regularize the translations used in liturgical
        texts published here. The Apostolos presents a number of thorny issues, so
        is likely to be stalled quite a while longer. Anyone who has a backorder
        for this item and would prefer to abandon it in favor of a credit (or
        refund) may certainly do so.

        Fr. Gregory+
        St. John of Kronstadt Press