Re: [orthodox-synod] You're welcome

  • frmichaelc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2003
      In a message dated 6/28/2003 8:05:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      frvboldewskul@... writes:

      > Some may be shocked to learn that Russian Orthodox clergy before the
      > Revolution were permitted under some circumstances to give Holy Communion to
      > Uniates.

      Dear in Christ Fr. Victor,

      It was my impression that Holy Communion was given only to nominal Uniats in
      areas (like parts of Carpatho-Russia) under Catholic governments, where
      Orthodox parish life had been forcibly suppressed. But perhaps I'm mistaken.

      It's an interesting subject. Can you point me to any sources for further
      study?

      priest Michael Carney