Metr. Vitaly

  • ochichernie2
    Message 1 of 57 , Jun 27, 2003
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Nikitin"
      <mikeniki@h...> wrote:

      > The fact remains that they left ROCOR and were under a bishop,
      then they
      > were suspended.
      If what I have seen is correct, the Synod had already met and
      voted on the suspension before they left. The fact that Metr.
      Vitaly delayed signing it long enough for them to leave doesn't
      completely (if at all) take away the fact that Synod had already
      voted to suspend them.

      > Metr. Vitaly, the HEAD of ROCOR came to a realization that serving
      with
      > Ecumenical Serbs is a violation of the Anathema to Ecumenism. He
      knew that
      > all bishops in MP were KGB agents and when he realized that
      Archbishop
      > Laurus and other bishops were seeking union with MP, he organized
      his own
      > jurisdiction - free of seeking union with MP.

      I had really wanted to believe that, but it seems that the real
      reason Metr. Vitaly left ROCOR is because he was extremely upset and
      offended that his secretary was taken away from him and how Bishop
      Michael brutalized him. He had 3 months from July to October to
      figure out that serving with ecumenical Serbs is a violation of the
      Anathema, yet he actually *congratulated * Metr. Lavr at his
      election.
      As far as the MP goes, the decision of the Synop of Bishops of
      ROCOR in 1981 under CB. Metr. Philaret says, "...Yet any departure
      from atheism and "Sergianism" must be seen as a positive step
      towards pure Orthodoxy even though it *not yet be the opening of the
      way of ecclesiastical union with us.*"
      "Not yet" means that the Synod was looking *towards* that even
      then. ROCOR has *always* had its goal to be the reunion of all the
      separated parts of the historical Russian CHurch, when the Communist
      power is fallen and MP has repented of sergianism and ecumenism.
      It's whether and when those conditions will be fulfilled that is the
      key question, *not* whether ROCOR will eventually re-unite with (a
      purified, repentant) MP and the Catacomb Church.
      To this date, all I can find is that ROCOR still finds
      obstacles to union with MP and has not united with it. So what's
      the problem?
    • ochichernie2
      Message 57 of 57 , Jun 27, 2003