Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: ROCOR, OCA and the MP [was:Fr. John Shaw and MP]

  • for4z@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2003
      In a message dated 6/17/2003 2:48:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      sergerust@... writes:

      > Where are the schismatic, Nick Zaharov?

      Where is the schismatic I am asked? Since I am asked, I will try to answer
      to the best of my ability.

      The schismatic is there, where there is a defrocked priest or bishop (whether
      rightfully or wrongfully judged) who continues to serve. The schismatic is
      there, where a bishop chooses to defy his higher church administration and
      creates his own church structure.

      Suspension and deposition are bound by the power of the Holy Spirit, which
      our bishops carry to "bind and loose every bond of unrighteosnous." Synodal
      decisions are empowered by the Holy Spirit.

      Thus, it reasons that continuing to serve while under suspension or after
      deposition is not so much a sin against a father-bishop, but rather one against
      the Holy Spirit.

      I hope I have spoken correctly.
      -Nick Zaharov