The problems of the Church can be solved

  • vkozyreff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      Dear List,

      A friend of mine has jut sent to me this excerpt of a sermon by St
      John Chrysostom (Doctor of the Church, born at Antioch, c. 347; died
      at Commana in Pontus, 14 September, 407), which I think is very
      actual. I hope nobody will remind me that we are in AD 2003, and that
      for this reason St John Chrysostom is not applicable.

      "The problems of the Church can be solved, but with the fear of God,
      the faith and the love of the Divine Liturgy. Not by the coercion and
      an attitude which hurts the conscience with no reason " (Sermon X-1
      to Timothy).

      In God,