Re: Chile Convent & Parish returned to ROCA - see recent photos???

  • vkozyreff
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2003
      Dear Father John, bless.

      You write: "Our Synod's letter to Vl. Ambroise states our Church's
      position pretty clearly".

      I think the position is more confused than ever.

      "some people can find themselves in a position that may be 'legally
      correct' but is at the same time profoundly un-Christian¬óas if the
      Christian conscience is compelled to obey any command of the church
      authorities, as long as these authorities are properly 'canonical.'
      This blind concept of obedience for its own sake is one of the chief
      causes for the success of Sergianism in our century¬óboth within and
      outside the Moscow Patriarchate." (Fr. Seraphim Rose)

      (Note: "within and ouside".)

      The synodal letter ("preserving the legacy of the confessor-bishops
      of Solovki") refers to the Solovki bishops, who totaly refused
      sergianism, and thus blind obedience.

      Yet, the ROCOR demands blind obedience against one's conscience, and
      sanctions the dissenters of conscience by excommunication.

      In message 8481, you state that ROCOR and (sergianist) MP "*are* in
      communion, and always have been".

      Yet, the in its declaration, THE THIRD ALL-ABROAD ROCA SOBOR IN 1974
      said: "we can have nothing to do with the Moscow Patriarchate"...The
      All-Abroad Sobor thanks the First-Hierarch of the Russian Orthodox
      Church Abroad, Metropolitan Filaret, for his ... rejection of the
      possibility of any sort of communion, whatsoever, with it [i.e., the
      MP], as well -- even were it to mean that the Russian Orthodox Church
      Abroad would thus be forced to remain in complete isolation in the
      world today.

      http://gnisios.narod.ru/rocorsobors.html

      In God,