[orthodox-synod] Re: New England Tour of Ikon

  • Karen Grisel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 1999
      dear Brothers in service to our Lord,
      brothers and sisters in Christ,

      Greetings in the Name of our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ !

      During the week of October 24, 1999 Father Elias Warnke will be making a
      tour of churches in the northeast with the miraculous Myrrh-streaming ikon
      of Saint Nicholas. We praise and give thanks to God for allowing us to
      witness this glorious miracle in these last days for the health of our
      souls.

      Beginning on Saturday October 23, 1999 the Ikon first arrived at the Synodal
      Cathedral of the Sign in New York City for All-Night Vigil and Divine
      Liturgy on Sunday.

      The remaining days of the week the following churches will host the Ikon of
      Saint Nicholas:

      Monday Oct. 25 - St. Nicholas Church, West Springfield, MA
      Tuesday Oct. 26 - Holy Newmartyrs and Confessors of
      Russia Church, Norwich, CT
      Wednesday oct. 27 - Holy Epiphany Church, Roslindale, MA
      Thursday Oct. 28 - St. Xenia's Church, Methuen, MA
      Friday Oct. 29 - St. Alexander Nevsky, Richmond, ME
      Saturday Oct. 30 - Holy Nativity Church, So. Portland, ME
      Saturday evening and Sunday Oct. 31 - in Jordanville, New York at Holy
      Trinity Monastery

      please join us in giving thanks to God for this great blessing. Most
      churches are having evening services, with the exception of Holy Nativity
      Church which is having a saturday morning service. Please check with each
      parish for the time. Thank you and please pray for us,

      Father Basil Grisel