Re: Chile Convent & Parish returned to ROCA - see recent photos???

    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2003
      X.B.!

      Dn. Basil Yakimov wrote:

      > On another matter concerning the MP - nothing has changed - it is
      still
      > sergianist & ecumenist, what
      > has changed is that some ROCA priests like Father John Shaw are
      defending
      > the MP as it stands.

      JRS: Our Synod's letter to Vl. Ambroise states our Church's position
      pretty clearly. That letter was not written by me!

    • vkozyreff
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29, 2003
        Dear Father John, bless.

        You write: "Our Synod's letter to Vl. Ambroise states our Church's
        position pretty clearly".

        I think the position is more confused than ever.

        "some people can find themselves in a position that may be 'legally
        correct' but is at the same time profoundly un-Christian¬óas if the
        Christian conscience is compelled to obey any command of the church
        authorities, as long as these authorities are properly 'canonical.'
        This blind concept of obedience for its own sake is one of the chief
        causes for the success of Sergianism in our century¬óboth within and
        outside the Moscow Patriarchate." (Fr. Seraphim Rose)

        (Note: "within and ouside".)

        The synodal letter ("preserving the legacy of the confessor-bishops
        of Solovki") refers to the Solovki bishops, who totaly refused
        sergianism, and thus blind obedience.

        Yet, the ROCOR demands blind obedience against one's conscience, and
        sanctions the dissenters of conscience by excommunication.

        In message 8481, you state that ROCOR and (sergianist) MP "*are* in
        communion, and always have been".

        Yet, the in its declaration, THE THIRD ALL-ABROAD ROCA SOBOR IN 1974
        said: "we can have nothing to do with the Moscow Patriarchate"...The
        All-Abroad Sobor thanks the First-Hierarch of the Russian Orthodox
        Church Abroad, Metropolitan Filaret, for his ... rejection of the
        possibility of any sort of communion, whatsoever, with it [i.e., the
        MP], as well -- even were it to mean that the Russian Orthodox Church
        Abroad would thus be forced to remain in complete isolation in the
        world today.

        http://gnisios.narod.ru/rocorsobors.html

        In God,