Blessed Theophylact / St John Gospels

  • rev mark gilstrap
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2003
      Christ is Risen!

      Fr Christopher Stade, the translator into English, and publisher
      of Blessed Theophylact's Explanations of the Gospels, asked
      me to post a message about a new web site where Blessed
      Theophylact's Explanation of the Paschal Gospel reading, and
      others, are posted.

      Fr Christopher intends to post the entire yearly cycle plus feasts
      and resurrection Gospels. The 'tidbits' from St John from the
      Sunday of Orthodoxy and Palm Sunday and from Bright Week
      are available no where else since Fr Christopher has so far only
      published the volumes on the Gospels of Ss Matthew, Mark and
      Luke.

      http://www.russianorthodox-stl.org

      is the URL. It is the web site for St John Chrysostom Orthodox
      Church in House Springs, Mo. I consider this my home parish -
      where I was baptised, instructed by then Fr Constantine (later
      Hieromonk Kallistos, founder of the Hermitage of the Holy Cross),
      and prepared for ordination before Fr Kallistos' death in 1991.
      Fr Christopher, Fr Seraphim Holland, several fathers of Holy
      Cross, and Mother Theodora the candle maker (also now in
      West Virginia), and many others around the country (and unworthily,
      myself) are spiritual siblings / children of Fr Kallistos who is buried
      on the grounds of St John's Church.

      pr Mark Gilstrap