RE: "New" Jordanville Prayerbook?

  • lsmith@softhome.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14 3:01 PM
      Dear Paul and group,
      I thought you would be interested to know that for those of you on a low
      budget, or if you need to print out a particular excerpt on short notice,
      the Jordanville Prayerbook is online at
      http://www.myriobiblos.gr/texts/english/prayerbook/main.htm

      --Lisa Smith

      Message: 4
      Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:52:48 -0400 (EDT)
      From: "Paul O. BARTLETT" <bartlett@...>
      Subject: "New" Jordanville Prayerbook?

      In days of yore (i.e., in the mid-1970s), back when I was an
      Orthodox Christian in ROCOR before I fell away from the Faith, there
      was what we called the Jordanville prayerbook, a handy sized little
      volume with many of the canons and akathists and other prayers in
      English. I no longer have my copy (long story). Some time ago I heard
      a rumor that in the intervening years a new Jordanville prayerbook had
      come out. Does anyone have anyone have any information, such as how to
      obtain it and how much it costs? I am not able to buy any books just
      now, but the information would be good to have for future reference.
      Thanks.

      --
      Paul Bartlett
      bartlett at smart.net