[orthodox-synod] Chat groups

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 1999
      Dear Father Mark,

      When my children were small, I had a favorite "joke" to which they were, ala
      a litany, make a response. I would say: "Your Majesty, the people are
      revolting!"

      They would respond: "You're telling me!"

      John of Salisbury, bishop of Chartres, once put it this way: "Multis
      stultorum."

      In History of the World, Part II, Mel Brooks had Louis XIV (whose bungling of
      French affairs brought about the French Revolution, and causes me to be
      sitting where I am sitting now) to respond: "They stink on ice!"

      That is rather more crude than I would like to be.

      In other words, I would not venture into a "chat" group. One could find the
      inane proceedings intellectually stultifying. That is closer to John of
      Salisbury, but not as amusing as: "You're telling me!"

      Father Andrew

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod