[orthodox-synod] It was plain english

  • Priest Seraphim Holland
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 1999
      This is plain English:
      > >This is very sad for all of us who have loved them for so long.

      It implies that someone is sad because of something that has
      happened to people they have known for a long time, and love.

      It does not indicate that this love has ended. Such an interpretation
      of the words can only occur if they are read with extreme bias.
      Therefore, to comment on these words as follows:

      > Perhaps this explains the above? "...who have loved them for so long." Does
      > that mean, "loved them for so long, but not any more?" How fickle we are.

      and
      > Not only are they no longer loved, but now it's safe to accuse
      them

      This writer is making *accusations* based on a flawed reading of
      plain English. The pot and the kettle.
      Priest Seraphim Holland St Nicholas Orthodox Church, Dallas, Texas, USA
      seraphim@... Ph:972/529-2754 MOBILE & VOICE MAIL 214 336-3464
      FAX: 603/908-2408 Home Address: 2102 Summit, McKinney, TX 75070, USA
      WEBMASTER FOR: St Nicholas Home Page - http://www.orthodox.net
      Official ROCOR Page - http://www.rocor.org
      10 questions (many subjects) http://www.orthodox.net/questions
      Thoughts on the Sunday gospels http://www.orthodox.net/sermons